PDA

View Full Version : Troy - 2009 3.0 CRD. Brisbane Qld.

TNW
13th February 2017, 09:44 AM
Hi All, I hope i've got my introduction in the correct spot. Let me know if not.

I was looking for some guidance for (it seems an old problem) what to replace a 3.0 with, when it stops.
I've just committed to converting my patrol to an extended wheel base duel cab & it's done 105k so from my research, the engine is about due to stop.
Not only that, I don't have the time or the confidence to tackle it myself so would be looking for professionals to assist...reasonably priced of course.

Anyway it's still going well at present, I'd just like to have a plan in place and an idea of cost before I go too far.
Any tips, advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Troy.

happygu
13th February 2017, 11:06 AM
Patrol CRD's are no more unreliable than any other CRD engine out there.

There are a few options for engine changeovers, but that would be my last concern at 105,000 k's.
Anyway CRD's are fairly cheap from the wreckers .... 2 - 3K, as they don't move them on as quickly, like the earlier 3 litre Di models.

threedogs
13th February 2017, 11:11 AM
hello and welcome to the forum, google Ron Moon
he drives a well set up dual cab extended GU with a TD4.2 motor
CRD are fine they have two problems that I know of 1 is a leak
of coolant from the timing cover and the second is a loose oil pump.
In the meantime jump in anytime you like and most of all enjoy

TNW
13th February 2017, 11:52 AM
Thank you both.
It's good to hear some good feedback. (Ron Moon is a gentleman for sharing his experiences)
I can't bring myself to get rid of the patrol, it's always got me where I wanted to go & home again so far.
but I was reading so much doom and gloom, I was almost getting reluctant to drive it.

thanks again
Troy.

4bye4
13th February 2017, 11:56 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum from a Di owner with 230,000 on the clock. 105k, its only a baby.

threedogs
13th February 2017, 11:57 AM
Thank you both.
It's good to hear some good feedback. (Ron Moon is a gentleman for sharing his experiences)
I can't bring myself to get rid of the patrol, it's always got me where I wanted to go & home again so far.
but I was reading so much doom and gloom, I was almost getting reluctant to drive it.

thanks again
Troy.

all you need to do is maintain it and drive it they are a great off road/touring vehicle

threedogs
13th February 2017, 04:06 PM
Thank you both.

thanks again
Troy.

What area are you in as I can organise it so you can meet up with Ron
and have a look at his GU in the flesh. Hopefully he's in the country
and not half way around the world lol

Dhuck
13th February 2017, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
13th February 2017, 07:18 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk