PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts

Mc4by
11th February 2017, 04:33 PM
I took the rear seats out of my guIII (2002) when I installed drawers.
A guII owner came to buy them off me however the seat belt in his vehicle doesn't click into the seat contained receiver.
Does anyone know if the complete seat belt will swap over from the 3 to the 2?

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2017, 06:51 PM
That surprises me. They may be set up for Left and Right. I know the Middle one in the middle seat of my GUIV won't click the outer 2 so i keep it connected to itself. Try the other way round. alternatively i would expect the full kit would bolt straight up mate.

Mc4by
11th February 2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the reply MudRunner.
I am talking of the 3rd row seats of course and they only bolt up to one side each so I can't reverse them.
Or I haven't understood your meaning.

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2017, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the reply MudRunner.
I am talking of the 3rd row seats of course and they only bolt up to one side each so I can't reverse them.
Or I haven't understood your meaning.

Yes right. Hmmm any chance he had the clip from the seat mixed up?

Mc4by
11th February 2017, 07:35 PM
We did a quick compare and the connecting buckle was slightly wider and not as rectangular in the hole section.

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2017, 08:22 PM
We did a quick compare and the connecting buckle was slightly wider and not as rectangular in the hole section.

of course it is........

Mc4by
11th February 2017, 08:53 PM
That did sound like a 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine' type comment. :)
The 01 3rd row seat belt buckle is wider than the 02 and the centre gap is not as rectangular.

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2017, 09:01 PM
That did sound like a 'you show me yours and I'll show you mine' type comment. :)
The 01 3rd row seat belt buckle is wider than the 02 and the centre gap is not as rectangular.

lol. yeah i got it.

My comment was directed straight at Nissan Motor Company Japan! I heard the same guy that made that change decided that for 2 years out of its 18 year production life they fitted the TD42 with 2 Different Oil Filters!!! Makes Perfect sense. That guy also designed the GUIV Dash and decided they did not need to be UV Stable. He is THE MAN!!

His name apparently was Zoolander Doofus and they named the ZD30 after him! What a guy!