PDA

View Full Version : GU dash/interior into a GQ

mattdoyle0493
9th February 2017, 05:00 PM
Afternoon ladies and gents,
It's been a while having sold my beloved GU ute over a year ago due to a change in circumstances, however now I would like to buy a GQ station wagon and turn it into a beast of a dual cab.

I am however a stickler for modern comforts and "styling", so my question is, can I put a dash etc out of a GU into a GQ, aka business on the inside party on the outside? Haven't got access to either at the moment to do my own measurements or have a look at what can be done, just putting ideas together so I can start costing my project for when the time comes.

Any info, advice or even ideas would be appreciated.

mudski
9th February 2017, 06:16 PM
I doubt it. The GU cab is slightly wider. But anything is possible if you throw enough $$$ and thought into it.

4bye4
9th February 2017, 06:29 PM
If your going to that much trouble and expense have you considered a custom interior?

mattdoyle0493
9th February 2017, 06:50 PM
A custom interior was my next idea, as I suspected the GU dash would be too big. Has anyone ever seen any GQ's with custom dashes?

Clunk
9th February 2017, 07:04 PM
nope but don't let that stop you ;)

Bigcol
9th February 2017, 08:01 PM
with time, patience, and shed load of money, you can make ANYTHING fit

I helped a mate years ago fit a VC commy interior into his HR
seen a mate fit a HX GTS interior into a HG Monaro

Rossco
10th February 2017, 09:19 AM
A custom interior was my next idea, as I suspected the GU dash would be too big. Has anyone ever seen any GQ's with custom dashes?
A lot of comp guys put in custom dashes, probly more for practicality than comfort but sure you work something out. . . Polished mahogany with gold highlights. . .

mudski
10th February 2017, 09:24 AM
with time, patience, and shed load of money, you can make ANYTHING fit

I helped a mate years ago fit a VC commy interior into his HR
seen a mate fit a HX GTS interior into a HG Monaro

Yeah true dat! I forgot in my early days I grafted a HJ Monaro dash into a HQ. That wasnt just a simply remove and refit job. The entire dash frame from the HJ was needed to be fitted aswell.