PDA

View Full Version : Hi Nissan freaks

Jono65
9th February 2017, 01:47 PM
I am a relatively new member, have been joined up for a long time but only a couple of posts. Auckland and Northland, New Zealand.

Have had two 1991 manual non-turbo Patrol/Safari both done around 400,000 kms, and now onto a 1995 Japanese import Safari.

I love these wagons, but we have had real problems with transmissions on all of them. Towing horses, timber and metal from the local quarry up and down almost vertical road and driveway with tight u-turn at the top, which I assume is what chews up the internals. I've suggested to madam we go over to a T-34 tank, but she's still chewing on that one.

Really appreciate the feedback on my occasional posts, thank you members.

4bye4
9th February 2017, 02:25 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. i guess you would have less transmission problems if you got another brand of vehicle - nothing else would get up and down the raod so no transmission strain. T-34 is a good option, but heavy on fuel and a bit slow on the open road.

Dhuck
9th February 2017, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigcol
9th February 2017, 07:57 PM
welcome to the forum mate, as 4bye4 said, the T34 is a thirsty sucker, but it will do 35km over any terrain................ plus you can move slow drivers out of the way

I love these wagons, but we have had real problems with transmissions on all of them. Towing horses, timber and metal from the local quarry up and down almost vertical road and driveway with tight u-turn at the top, which I assume is what chews up the internals.

ummmmmmmm

make sure its NOT in 4wd on bitumen

and has the correct oil in gearbox

no other reasons I know of for gearbox failures

threedogs
10th February 2017, 09:33 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum enjoy
maybe you could beef up the Autos to stop
them failing

AB
11th February 2017, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk