PDA

View Full Version : Centre console gauges

michaelgreeny
8th February 2017, 06:58 PM
Hi guys,

Been looking at installing 3 gauges in my '09 GU. Options are obviously 'A pillar' and mounting them on the dash.
Just been tossing up the idea of instead of buying a double din stereo, sticking with the current single din stereo and then putting in 3 gauges in the single din slot underneath.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts, experience or photos?

Cheers

Majestic
6th March 2017, 12:29 PM
Something you might be interested in, gauges on the A pillar won't pass a blue slip. I did a blue-slip a few weeks ago to clear a defect and the cop put down a full inspection for just a seat belt and she didn't pass for a number of reasons including gauges on the A pillar.

threedogs
6th March 2017, 02:43 PM
I have 3 on top of the dash easy to read , you can buy binacles that look factory

altech
20th March 2017, 12:42 PM
Something you might be interested in, gauges on the A pillar won't pass a blue slip. I did a blue-slip a few weeks ago to clear a defect and the cop put down a full inspection for just a seat belt and she didn't pass for a number of reasons including gauges on the A pillar.

WTFrozen !!!!!!!!!!!

altech
20th March 2017, 12:46 PM
I'm stuff then or I just don't drive in NSW lol

bazzaboy
20th March 2017, 02:57 PM
Amazing! They say that pillar pod gauges obstruct your view but it's OK for standard vehicles ( FJ Cruiser etc... ) to have dash mounted gauges as standard. Also there's mobile phone holders, GPS units, dash cameras..... and so on. Stupid.

threedogs
20th March 2017, 03:13 PM
Amazing! They say that pillar pod gauges obstruct your view but it's OK for standard vehicles ( FJ Cruiser etc... ) to have dash mounted gauges as standard. Also there's mobile phone holders, GPS units, dash cameras..... and so on. Stupid.

I think the law was put in pace to stop the "HOONS", IMO
I dont think the pillar pod affects my vision at all.
In Vic is it law to have your GPS in front of the driver??
where do you mount your dash cam.??

Theuns Snyman
1st May 2017, 04:17 PM
Have you heard of the Madman industries gauge in south africa?

It is a single electronic gauge that measures water temp & (water level) oil press & (oil level) EGT's, and has a build in alarm.