PDA

View Full Version : Question on gauges

mickclunne
8th February 2017, 05:19 PM
Hi all
am new to the forum and site, I have a 1999 gU patrol ute second owner ,have owned the truck for 15 years has done 576ks, its a 4,2 with a after market turbo
do by JC diesel, the truck has never let me down,
Am planning a decent trip including crossing the simpson, looking for advice on gauges , turbo boost,exhaust temp and water temp, could someone recommend good quality gauges, not real keen on a pillar pod am concerned with vision issues, looking for advise on this thanks
Mick

GQtdauto
8th February 2017, 06:02 PM
Welcome Mick , like you I'm looking at a gauge but mine is auto trans fluid temp .
Yes I can fork out $300 from wholesale autos but I can get the same thing of fleabay for under a hundred , but I need to know what size threaded fittings I need .
My son who has a GU ute just installed boost and EGT gauges onto the middle dash , he cleverly put the gauges in a 50 mm pvc pipe joiner and used Velcro to hold them to the dash mat after spraying the joiners in black paint looks professional.
Gauges came from super cheap I think .

Dhuck
8th February 2017, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Mr Trol
18th February 2017, 03:40 PM
Hi Mick,

Recently found myself in a similar boat. I started off with cheap and nasty eBay gauges that were horrendous from the start. Difficult to read and inaccurate.

I've gone autometer gauges as the replacement, egt, boost and water temp. I've got these in a pillar pod and don't have any issues with vision being obscured.

Kind of wish I'd just gone the redarc gauges if I'm honest.

Also looked at VDO, seen and heard good things with these gauges. I was also interested in the saas trax combo gauges but didn't find any info on performance.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
18th February 2017, 04:01 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,,,,enjoy

webber
23rd February 2017, 11:01 PM
welcome to the page

threedogs
24th February 2017, 09:12 AM
You could fit two gauges in front of the speedo cluster or like me fit some on the middle dash like your son.
You can buy 4x dash pods that are angled towards the driver, I fitted an extra volt gauge a water temp and a 12v clock
mickclunne you'll have no vision issues with a pillar pod
somethings you dont even know its there...lol

10G
24th February 2017, 09:32 AM
Welcome aboard.

After lots of looking, i've got myself a boost & egt gauge by Autogauge, not the Chinese look alikes. I'll be mounting them in 2 pods on the steering fascia/column.