PDA

View Full Version : GQ remote entry playing up

GQtdauto
5th February 2017, 08:13 AM
My keyless entry has been playing up for a while ( only opens drivers door) but I've lived With it until recently .
Every now and then my blinkers come on for about 4-5 flashes , first time it happened thought someone with similar frequency key fob nearby had activated it but now not so sure .
Anyone have any idea .

Doors all lock using fob , but only drivers door opens using fob .
To get other doors open I have to push down drivers door lock and pull back up again .
Nothing new electrically connected to car but am working on volt meter and switches to fridge and a cooling fan for fridge but nothing hooked up and problem was there before anyway .

Turtle_au
5th February 2017, 08:51 AM
What happens if you press the unlock twice. Had a colorado at work that unlocked drivers only on 1 press but opened the others on 2nd press. Got into habit of always pressing twice so not sure whether it's the same with the navarra we now have.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
5th February 2017, 09:22 AM
Press twice and it relocks , press three unlocks but just the drivers door .
Noticed once when I was parked with solar panel facing sun and voltage on 14.3 all doors unlocked , again problem pre dates solar panel installation .
Two buttons on fob one for silent lock/entry the other for an audible lock / entry , have tried both no luck and have used alarm key to switch between the two functions but no luck .

Turtle_au
5th February 2017, 10:38 AM
Ok, higher voltage and they all unlocked. What happens if you press when engine running? Maybe a bit of extra effort required by other solenoids to unlock. Try the individual manual locks on each door a few times, may loosen up the links etc.

Turtle_au
5th February 2017, 10:40 AM
Trying to avoid telling you to remove door trims.

GQtdauto
5th February 2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks for that , I have a problem with the rear passenger door and have had it apart many times , if the handle is pulled from the outside when the spindle is down the bugger jams so I have to remove the skin to unlock the door .
Caused by old grease turning into a solid form of gunk , have sprayed the piss out of it but both rear passenger doors will play up if you try and open them while locked .
Locking and unlocking with motor running makes no difference , problem may be it's just and old system or there is some electrical interference nearby , never done it driving or out camping just out the back and since Christmas .

PeeBee
5th February 2017, 07:27 PM
My central locking on the GQ started playing up and Nissan sprayed all the actuators. This lasted for 3 months then they became erratic, and finally died. I went back to Nissan for a replacement and was told they are not a factory option - they were fitted by them but were after market item on a new car = then they refused to offer any solution - even though I was going to pay for it. They have been like this for 15 yrs, and we survive without them. Immobiliser still works though.

GQtdauto
5th February 2017, 10:20 PM
Yeah I know we get lazy , had someone tell me to check it's not the key fob battery going flat is it ? Must admit I have never changed it so might start there .
Pulled a winch apart once looking for why it wouldn't go and in the end it was the tiny battery in the hand controller had gone flat in wireless mode so wouldn't work wire or wireless if that happened .