PDA

View Full Version : ECUTalk.. Cable ...Working

kbchez
3rd February 2017, 10:44 PM
HI All,
Patrol 4.2 EFI. I have purchased and worked out how to use it.. Simple. Follow the instuctions.
I have added the picture of all the gauges working in the ECU Talk.
The Rev counter very's from 700 to 550rpms.
The timing shows 50 BTDC. Timing set at 10 acording to my timing light, And setup as per patrol instuctions.
The only code fault is code 13 water coolant temp sensor. But which one.
The oxygen sensor gauge does not move when engine speed is increased. I thought it would.

What other info have I missed thats wrong according to the gauges.
I also reset the faults on the ECU Talk.70825

threedogs
4th February 2017, 07:55 AM
Drop peter an email at peter@ecutalk.com.au
he'll be able to answer all your questions.

Parksy
4th February 2017, 08:26 AM
It will be the coolant temp sensor that is located underneath the thermostat. Not the one next to it.
Also, o2 sensor will operate with engine at operating temperature. If the engine is warming up it won't do anything. At operating temp the voltage should rise and drop quickly.

Parksy
4th February 2017, 06:36 PM
I just noticed the coolant gauge is at operating temp. Your o2 sensor is stuck in open loop. Needs replacing.

billyj
5th February 2017, 05:05 PM
in the ecu talk settings theres a timing -35 setting you need to use, its normal for them to idle at 15 deg when you have set the base timing to 10deg properly

kbchez
6th February 2017, 02:21 AM
Hi All thanks for the info
I will go and buy a new o2 sensor.
Timing.
The other day I had a play with the timing by moving the dissy about 15mm advance and then retarted. Each time I observed the ECU Talk timing gauge and it did not move. I was expecting the timing to change on the gauge.
Next time I will try the timing reset button to -35.
Also what size are these injectors in the 4.2EFI. Also the flow rate so I can set the ECU Talk to the correctly.
Its a shame that the ECU Talk does not come with a user guide to help people like me that have never plugged a comp into a car... ummmm.. trooool.

billyj
6th February 2017, 08:15 PM
yep moving the dizzy alters the base timing, which the computer expects to be 10deg changing the base timing will just advance or retard your timing across the board as the ecu doesnt know any different

from memory the std injectors were 260 or 280cc cant remember and cant double check mine as im using much larger 660cc injectors to suit my turbo setup

kbchez
7th February 2017, 07:54 PM
Thanks again .. I moved the timing option to -35 and the timing slowly moved to 15 deg the temp sensor must be working because the gauge moves as the engine warms up. The other temp sensor maybe broken, the one for the fans. This is fault 13 water temp... on the ecu talk.
Now the cable for the ECU Talk is fried. Don't knoiw why it just stopped working and a hot burn smell come out of it... not happy.

kbchez
10th February 2017, 11:07 AM
Peter from ECU Talk is going to repair the cable. What great service this is.