PDA

View Full Version : Braking upgrade

Mc4by
29th January 2017, 10:43 AM
Well I have completed my first wish list and now I am moving to improvements v's accessories.
I realise the Trol is very heavy but I would like a stronger brake feeling.
What is the best way to make improvements to the stopping power, without ripping it all out and spending $$$$?

threedogs
29th January 2017, 11:12 AM
I upgraded to dimple drilled and slotted rotors plus black/green pads
for $50 a corner, you can also fit braided brake lines for a better feel

Bacho86
29th January 2017, 01:22 PM
The quickest way to make an improvement imo is to replace the brake pads and fluid - especially if you're unsure about service history. When relaxing the pads you can go for an aftermarket set like something from bendix. Then if you want more performance look at the brake lines, rotors etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mc4by
29th January 2017, 01:51 PM
Given this information I will start with a bleed and pad replacement.
Do Bendix make the green/black pads? Will any brake fluid do or is there a 4wd type?
Is this something I can pick up readily at SCA?

Hodge
29th January 2017, 03:05 PM
Some people have also converted to 4.8 braking settups .

Sent from S5

mudski
30th January 2017, 08:35 PM
Given this information I will start with a bleed and pad replacement.
Do Bendix make the green/black pads? Will any brake fluid do or is there a 4wd type?
Is this something I can pick up readily at SCA?
Yeah Bendix do a range of pads. I had the 4wd pads in but i found the pads got hot real easy. So after the 4.8 conversion i put oem pads in and are happy with how they are.
But a good bleed would be a start. These Patrols come out from factory with really average brakes so you need to work at them to get them better. Braid lines are an excellent upgrade too.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Mc4by
30th January 2017, 09:03 PM
The 4.8 upgrade, is this just calipers or rotors, calipers, hoses etc?

mudski
30th January 2017, 09:23 PM
Front calipers, rotors, backing plates and master cylinder. If your gonna do it get some braided lines aswell.
I had my Patrol engineered and the engineer said he's never been in a Patrol that stopped as good as mine. Made the effort a bit more worth while.

nissannewby
31st January 2017, 08:51 AM
Front calipers, rotors, backing plates and master cylinder. If your gonna do it get some braided lines aswell.
I had my Patrol engineered and the engineer said he's never been in a Patrol that stopped as good as mine. Made the effort a bit more worth while.

The best braking patrol I have been in utilised a hydro-booster. It was pretty good, could lock all 4 35s without to much trouble.