PDA

View Full Version : Time to do up an MK SWB 85

Chris_MK85
26th April 2011, 04:26 PM
Hi all,

Just bought myself an MK SWb 85 model needs a fair bit of work but it is going to be my project for fair while any tips and tricks anyone could suggest would be great. my firs mission is to remove the body get all the rust out and i would like to extend the roof by about a foot just ( few ideas about this seen a few really good pictures just need to come up with a plan) nex would be either doing up the engine or dropping in replacement engine...?

look forward to exploring all the threads and hopefully building a killer 4x4

GUtsy ute
26th April 2011, 04:36 PM
Welcome Chris,

Sounds like a major project you're undertaking there, plenty of good advice on here.
Keep us posted on the build with plenty of pics.
Cheers

YNOT
26th April 2011, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris.
We have a good number of MK owners here, check this thread; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2168-Gotta-be-a-few-MQ-MK-owners-out-there&highlight=owners

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
26th April 2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Chris

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

big_fletch
26th April 2011, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another member aboard..
Feel free to post up some pics of your troll

Fletcha

Bigrig
26th April 2011, 06:02 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on here mate, so feel free to join in and make the most of it. Enjoy!!

growler2058
26th April 2011, 08:55 PM
Gday mate sounds like a good project in the making, theyre a good friendly mob here full of halpful info and advice welcome aboard

Finly Owner
26th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Chris. Where abouts are you? I have an MK wagon. What engine do you have? Depending what you have would determine which advice i would offer.

Tim

AB
27th April 2011, 07:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

timbar
28th April 2011, 01:28 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Clunk
28th April 2011, 02:12 AM
g'day mate, welcome aboard........ looking forward to seeing some snaps of your rig in progress

Bob
28th April 2011, 06:51 AM
Welcome Kris. Join in and enjoy

Dhuck
28th April 2011, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Chris_MK85
28th April 2011, 10:00 PM
Hi Tim,

It has the SD33T seems in pretty good working order although i think i need new injectors and a fuel pump as i leave about 100m of smoke behind me.... I live in mackay QLD and bought the MK of a mate on a Wim really but getting into it now keen as to start a great project..

Finly Owner
28th April 2011, 10:26 PM
I too have smoke issues still. I have replaced injectors, and am about to adjust tappets, in order to have pump timing checked. I will be replacing tappet cover seal and the two seals on top (oil filler) and vent.

Then I am looking at installing Boost and EGT Gauges.

My smoke is 95% overfuelling smoke. 5% valve guide seals.

Tim

Chris_MK85
29th April 2011, 11:41 AM
Boost & EGT gauge would be the go mine has a Boost Gauge very rough install though it is just laying on the floor...

I was thinking of just completly rebuilding my engine and turbo however looking at some other forums can run pretty Xy pretty quick. I have been told it will be a engine you cant kill so it would be worth every penny.

What are your thoughts on Drop in motors (diesel)

cheers chris

Finly Owner
29th April 2011, 11:11 PM
Chris
Shop around Mate, I found a good running SD33T in wreckers with deisel pump and turbo $550.00. Some want $2000.00 trade in.
Don't even think about turboing a standard SD33 unless you are going to install oil squirters.

I know you will be told it can be successful, But they weren't designed for a turbo to be fitted.

If youcan get a good SD33T running and ready to drop in I'd go that way. And later buy rebuild kit for the original and build yourself another tough reliable motor that should last twenty years if treated right.

Tim

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:31 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
3rd May 2011, 06:55 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate