PDA

View Full Version : Rear lights

Mc4by
27th January 2017, 06:11 PM
Is it just my Patrol or do all models have 'fake' light housing at the back.
The indicators and brakes light up on the bottom bar but the side lights only work for the reverse light.
Do I have a wiring issue?

Clunk
27th January 2017, 06:49 PM
Is it just my Patrol or do all models have 'fake' light housing at the back.
The indicators and brakes light up on the bottom bar but the side lights only work for the reverse light.
Do I have a wiring issue?
Nope all is well with your pattol mate, it's to do with the spare wheel on yhe barn door and our rediculous ADRs....... there are threads on here on how to convert them to get them working again

Mc4by
27th January 2017, 07:36 PM
Cheers Clunk,

I will start searching.
I think I would prefer them to work seeing as I am taking them everywhere I go. :)

threedogs
28th January 2017, 10:00 AM
There are two ways you can go one is to have indicators and brake lights
or two like Ive done is have brake lights and reverse lights.
Pretty sure Patrolapart sell the dummy loom

TimE
28th January 2017, 11:06 AM
Pointless exercise on mine. With both spare wheels mounted (33s) you can't see the dummy lights !

Mc4by
28th January 2017, 12:44 PM
There are two ways you can go one is to have indicators and brake lights
or two like Ive done is have brake lights and reverse lights.
Pretty sure Patrolapart sell the dummy loom

The brake lights would be number 1 for me anything else would be a bonus.
Being colour blind it may be a job for an autolec.

Mc4by
28th January 2017, 12:45 PM
Pointless exercise on mine. With both spare wheels mounted (33s) you can't see the dummy lights !

Definitely no point in you doing it....

GQtdauto
28th January 2017, 05:47 PM
I went from Victoria to Albany WA before I noticed that rear lights were not working , went to the REPCO told them model year etc and bought the globes then went back to where I was staying for the week and preceded to replace globes , after a half hour of stuffing around unsuccessfully someone pointed out there were no globes it's the way it was made .
A quick google check and sure enough no globes needed not even any holes to put them in let alone wires for them .
Felt like a , well let's just say I never took the globes back to the other idiot that sold them to me .

Mc4by
28th January 2017, 05:53 PM
I went from Victoria to Albany WA before I noticed that rear lights were not working , went to the REPCO told them model year etc and bought the globes then went back to where I was staying for the week and preceded to replace globes , after a half hour of stuffing around unsuccessfully someone pointed out there were no globes it's the way it was made .
A quick google check and sure enough no globes needed not even any holes to put them in let alone wires for them .
Felt like a , well let's just say I never took the globes back to the other idiot that sold them to me .

I only noticed when my wife drove off in the Patrol to let me hear how the 3 inch exhaust sounded. :(

threedogs
28th January 2017, 06:12 PM
The brake lights would be number 1 for me anything else would be a bonus.
Being colour blind it may be a job for an autolec.

if you put series 3 lens in that will give you 2 clear compartments each side for either
yellow globes for indicators or white LED like I have for reverse

GQtdauto
28th January 2017, 07:10 PM
Yes I just love the note from the three inch exhaust too , as for putting lights in where they ain't and don't have to be I can't see the point .

Mc4by
28th January 2017, 09:32 PM
Yes I just love the note from the three inch exhaust too , as for putting lights in where they ain't and don't have to be I can't see the point .

I take your point and I really only wanted to fix something I thought might be broken.
Certainly won't be rushing into this job.

Mc4by
28th January 2017, 09:58 PM
if you put series 3 lens in that will give you 2 clear compartments each side for either
yellow globes for indicators or white LED like I have for reverse

It turns out that my 2002 is a series 3. There are 2 globes in the left side with one blanked off. The right side has 3 blanked recesses.