PDA

View Full Version : Spending a week on the NSW east coast

Winnie
27th January 2017, 09:35 AM
Hey guys,

Me and Amz are going to spend a week somewhere on the NSW east coast after our wedding at the end of February and not sure where to go.
We will take the camper trailer and stay at a caravan park somewhere because we will have a 3 month old baby. So we're looking for suggestions on what town to stay in, hoping to stay at one or two places and not have to do much driving.
Probably leaning towards Narooma or Bermagui at the moment because we have stayed in both these places before and enjoyed it.

BigRAWesty
27th January 2017, 09:59 AM
Sorry mate. No idea of locations over that way

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Bacho86
27th January 2017, 10:26 AM
Merimbula is beautiful - and closer to the border

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
27th January 2017, 10:28 AM
Had my honeymoon at Merimbula awesome spot ,great fishing Bermagui way.
Should be some tracks once inland a bit too.

nissannewby
27th January 2017, 10:39 AM
How far are you travelling. Ben-e's home town jervis bay is a very nice area. Most of the nice place I know of in nsw are north of sydney.

Winnie
27th January 2017, 10:48 AM
How far are you travelling. Ben-e's home town jervis bay is a very nice area. Most of the nice place I know of in nsw are north of sydney.

Yeah we don't wanna go past Sydney, probably closer to Vic is better.

Ben-e-boy
27th January 2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah we don't wanna go past Sydney, probably closer to Vic is better.

Jervis Bay is south of sydney. My pick would be honeymoon bay for camping. If you want to be close to town. Currarong has a decent caravan park

Honeymoon bay

Currarong.

mudski
27th January 2017, 03:49 PM
I just spent two weeks in Merimbula Winnie. We go there every year and stay at the Short point Caravan park. They have some really awesome camp sites right on top of the cliff edge over looking the ocean. So you get the sounds of crashing waves lulling you to sleep everynight. The amenities there are top notch too. Nice big swimming pool aswell. The rocks right in front of the park is a really nice walk too.
I'm not sure what you want to do whilst there. Sit and relax, or site seeing, or both???
Heres a list of things to check out up that way, some would be weather dependent of course.

Merimbula Aquarium and Wharf
Watching the stingrays circle the fishing boats at the pontoon at the entrance of the lake is pretty special. I tried to film them with my Gopro when snorkeling there on my last trip. I manage to film one of the bigger rays but they just swim away when they see you. Very magical creatures they are.
Oaklands Barn in Pambula, great cafe, two little shops and brewery. Also some farm animals there for the kids to torment. Lol. $2 fee for this...
Magic mountain. More for bigger kids though.
Potaroo Palace just out of Merimbula. A not for profit animal sanctuary. You can feed the roos and emus there. And they have a beautiful 4metre olive python there they bring out for everyone too...
Nethercote Falls just out of Pambula. Bit of a walk from the car park to the falls. Pretty steep. Spectacular falls there, if they get rain. Been on the local news very regular up there about people getting injure jump from the high sections into the water. Trust me its bloody high. I have some Gopro footage of people jumping it.
Mumbula falls just out of Bega. Longer drive, but a very short walk to the falls from the car park. The water there is really nice. Theres a natural water slide there plus a section to jump from, maybe about 5 metres high.
The board walk around Merimbula lake is good to do at dusk.
Bega Cheese factory. Lol.
A little town called Tilba. About 30kays out of Bega, its a nice little town, or street, where every shop is very unique. This place gets real busy in the peak seasons. But well worth the trip to there.
Greencape Lighthouse is a must I reckon. Its before Eden, a bit of a drive but really nice.
Tathra is a nice little town to visit too.

As for food. The local RSL is 5 star IMO. Massive menu and it all taste real good. Never had a bad meal there. They even have a bus that will pick you up from the caravan park and take you home too. The Merimbula-Pambula golf club used to the the place to eat, but they changed chef's and staff and now its really bad. The bowls club is cheap, the food reflects this. Tura beach golf club is pretty good. Theres plenty of restaurants to chose from, been to all of them. Lol. We rarely cook when we go up there.

As for Bermagui. Well, its nice but its kind of like Eden, mostly a fishing town. While they are nice, there not a lot to do or see, compared to Merimbula, but still nice none the less.

I could go on but I think you get my drift. I would live there tomorrow if I could.

Maxhead
27th January 2017, 04:48 PM

Obviously you haven't seen much below Sydney;)
Come down and have a look, you won't go back to Qld...lol

................on the road

jack
27th January 2017, 10:08 PM
Hi Winnie,

Mudski is spot on, been through Merimbula a few times and spent a week there last August. Loved it, and we'll be back for sure but we stayed in a self contained unit. Have to agree with the quality of meals at the RSL, we tried a few places but the RSL won hands down.

Boinzo
30th January 2017, 12:44 AM
I'd vote Merimbula too. Great little town.