PDA

View Full Version : Egt probe temp range vs gauge

Seanb_2800
24th January 2017, 06:27 PM
Hey all im new on here. My first post.
Ive recently bought a 2000 model with the zd30 and going threw the stages of putting the egt and boost gauge etc. In.

I have vdo gauges where the temp range goes from 100-900
My question is can anyone tell me if a probe with the range from 0-1000 will still work? Or will the gauge be out.

MudRunnerTD
24th January 2017, 06:32 PM
Hey all im new on here. My first post.
Ive recently bought a 2000 model with the zd30 and going threw the stages of putting the egt and boost gauge etc. In.

I have vdo gauges where the temp range goes from 100-900
My question is can anyone tell me if a probe with the range from 0-1000 will still work? Or will the gauge be out.

Hi mate and welcome to the forum, Your Probe must be matched and calibrated to your gauge. did your probe come with he guage or are you chasing a probe to suit? The cable from the probe is a "Tuned length" and you can't cut it either. just wrap it up and attach it in the corner out of the way.

Hope that helps.

Seanb_2800
24th January 2017, 06:43 PM
Yeah i got one with the gauge but it has a bigger connection to what my exhaust has. I was hoping to get a different probe to suit the exhaust hole. I guess ill have to get the exhaust conmection ground off and a bigger one welded on.
Thanks for tge reply

Hodge
24th January 2017, 07:18 PM
Try and get an adapter ?

My redarc came with a 1/8” npt compression fitting from memory. But the bung was a different thread, so had to adapter it...
Just make sure the probe tip gets to as close to the centre of inside as possible. For better reading.

Seanb_2800
24th January 2017, 09:14 PM
I tried finding an adaptor i didnt have much luck. I was looking on ebay. I have a connection to suit the probe i have. Ill try get it welded on somewhere tomorro.