PDA

View Full Version : GQ Patrol Holden v8 dellow

Burnem1
23rd January 2017, 10:01 PM
FYI . I've completed a coversion using dellow bell housing to mate up Holden injected 304 to the original TD42 manual 5 speed. As part of the conversion it requires to cut the end of the input shaft so doesn't foul and run into the end of the Holden v8 crankshaft this is reasonably straight forward . The clutch plate ran to the end of the spline on the input shaft and when bolted up in forced the clutch plate hard against the flywheel .No help from dellow . To get it working I had to add a 5 mm aluminium plate between bell housing and manual transmission and under cut relieve at the back of the spline on the input shaft to allow the clutch plate to return further away from the fly wheel . Just to confirm this has occurred on both TD42 and TB42 manual transmissions . I have had this conversion running for 4-5 years . Today I have had a replacement clutch bought directly from dellow upgrading to 10.5 inch clutch plate and new pressure plate. Now having worse clutch feeling then ever. The newer thicker plate is causing clutch drag and making it difficult to select gears. So far I have had too take up more adjust in the clutch pedal rod into vacuum assisted clutch booster . This has improved it but not solved it completely. I intend to let it bed in but was looking at up grading clutch master cylinder size .
Has anyone upgraded go patrol clutch master cylinder size for any similar reasons . It's seems that the clutch slave cylinder doesn't travel far enough to disengage the Holden v8 pressure plate.