PDA

View Full Version : Sub tank rollover valves rmoval

rusty00
22nd January 2017, 01:45 PM
Has anyone got information to removing the roll over valve or valves from the GU sub tank.
Fitting LRA tank and having trouble removing them without breaking them.
Has anyone done this change out?

mudski
22nd January 2017, 04:24 PM
I didn't bother with that when fitting my Long range aux tank. I dont intend on rolling my car and if i ever did. I think some fuel weeping from the cap would be the last of my worries. Lol. What brand tank are you fitting? Maybe they can help you out with how its done.

rusty00
22nd January 2017, 05:23 PM
LRA, I sorted it out.
Had some other questions and again sorted out.

How many actually adjust the fuel sender when doing a sub tank change.
Ended up doing everything as per instructions just wish it had pics.

Humans have 2 settings, instructions or photos manuals.
Me, look at a manual with dwg's and pics job done, not so on detailed instructions, the mind wonders....

mudski
22nd January 2017, 07:09 PM
LRA, I sorted it out.
Had some other questions and again sorted out.

How many actually adjust the fuel sender when doing a sub tank change.
Ended up doing everything as per instructions just wish it had pics.

Humans have 2 settings, instructions or photos manuals.
Me, look at a manual with dwg's and pics job done, not so on detailed instructions, the mind wonders....
I cut and extended my sender float shaft using coat hanger wire and solder. So the float drops to the same level as it would in the oem tank. Probably not the best way about it but i did with what i had at the time. Its been in there for some 18months and no issue so far.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

rusty00
22nd January 2017, 08:03 PM
I cut and extended my sender float shaft using coat hanger wire and solder. So the float drops to the same level as it would in the oem tank. Probably not the best way about it but i did with what i had at the time. Its been in there for some 18months and no issue so far.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalkr

I used the wire supplied and used the mig to put 4 x tacs on each end, 2 each side basically a full weld over 10mm.
Should last a life time. Either way its just a sub tank.