PDA

View Full Version : GU Wagon GVM Upgrade

stevemc181
9th January 2017, 05:51 PM
Well my finance etc is all approved so I'll be picking up my new GU Y61 Legend series in the next couple of weeks, Yayyyyy!

Meanwhile, I've been tracking down info on the possible GVM Upgrades that are available in WA and have discovered that there has been a recent crackdown by the authorities on some of the GVM increases going above the axle limits for a combined 3300Kg max increase available. several shops as well some mates from ARB have confirmed that there has been some notification from the authorities in December regarding this.
Unless I am prepared to pay the additional and have the diff laminated and the strength analysis done, then 3300kg is it for most shops.

Pedders have a pre-rego kit available that will allow 3505kg's and includes rear coil tower braces and also rear diff lamination, this will be around the $3700 mark fitted and includes the mod plates, this is the drive in/drive out price for the GVM upgrade. This kit allows an increase to 1945Kg on the rear axle and 1560kg on the front axle. I can't argue the Pedders price as most shops wanted similar or more money for the 3300kg upgrade without the tower braces or diff lamination.

I can't say I have ever used Pedders gear and I am aware of the bad reports regarding some of the stores trading practices. But there aren't too many options out there, so I'll give them a go. The pic below is my tally of shocks and coils from the Canning Stock Route in my Pajero last year.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/image_zpsak6j1zff.jpeg

In the pic below: One of the Bilsteins and one of the OME Nitro chargers at least got me home. The OME's and Dobinsons MRR were all replaced under warranty and the Bilsteins already had 100'000 hard km's on them, so they were due for retirement anyway. I'll be interested to see how the Pedders Trakryders hold up and assume the live axle will probably be a little less brutal on them?

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/IMG_3860_zpskrhv7d2t.jpg

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2017, 07:34 PM
I believe the Pedders kit is what is used by Telstra for their wagons. @GUwesty has the pedder kit.

The only time you can really do the GVM upgrade is pre-delivery prior to first rego. There is a thread on the forum in the vendors section somewhere that lists the kits specifically.

MudRunnerTD
9th January 2017, 07:44 PM
I'm on my iPhone so I'm a little restricted but here is a thread with a couple of other threads linked.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?37725-GUiv-GVM-upgrade&highlight=upgrade

stevemc181
9th January 2017, 07:46 PM
I believe the Pedders kit is what is used by Telstra for their wagons. @GUwesty has the pedder kit.

The only time you can really do the GVM upgrade is pre-delivery prior to first rego. There is a thread on the forum in the vendors section somewhere that lists the kits specifically.

There are quite a few shops over here that offer the kits and used to do up to 3500kg post rego, but as mentioned that has all changed in WA from December 2016 due to the authorities chucking a spaz about most of them exceeding the axle limits. So most only offer 3300kg kits now and Pedders is the only one I could find who have done the necessary engineering and do the required diff housing and coil tower mods to achieve 3505kg. I've pulled the trigger on it now and getting the Pedders GVM Upgrade done. I guess time will tell if it performs ok.

stevemc181
9th January 2017, 07:49 PM
I'm on my iPhone so I'm a little restricted but here is a thread with a couple of other threads linked.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?37725-GUiv-GVM-upgrade&highlight=upgrade

Yep, I'd read most of the threads on here and elsewhere. A lot of it seems to be relevant to the utes only and I can only find a few references to late model GU Wagons. But thanks for the links, I am all sorted now, just getting a bit of info up there for anyone else searching in the Perth area.

stevemc181
9th January 2017, 07:56 PM
Just had a call from Pedders. The GVM Upgrade can only be applied to the 5 seaters, so they need to remove the 3rd row and belts. Doesn't worry me as I will have drawers fitted anyway, but may be relevant to anyone intending on upgrading a 7 seater.

gubigfish
9th January 2017, 09:16 PM
Having had pedders suspension gear on my Ute when I bought it I have left it there but would I go and buy myself? No.

I have found they have used Neoprene bushes in the Panhard and I am suspecting that other components will also have the same. Just my $0.02

stevemc181
9th January 2017, 11:05 PM
Having had pedders suspension gear on my Ute when I bought it I have left it there but would I go and buy myself? No.

I have found they have used Neoprene bushes in the Panhard and I am suspecting that other components will also have the same. Just my $0.02

Cheers, I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place if I want the 3505kg though, so I'll risk it and see it how their gear goes. I've heard of a few with no complaints on the Pedders and some have been running it for years. Anyway the deal is struck, so I'm committed now.

stevemc181
10th January 2017, 01:37 PM
Just to note on this thread for anyone searching. I've also elected to go with Castor correction bushes (Rubber) and an adjustable draglink. These are not absolutely necessary for the small lift, but recommended. This brings the total cost of this GVM Upgrade/Lift to $4464.00 done and dusted.

BigRAWesty
10th January 2017, 05:21 PM
Hey steve.
Mine went threw state wide 4x4 in vic but is taken to 3495.
Something to do with axle loading and tyre ratings etc..
But yes, my towers are braced with the superior kit, axle is laminated and lovels custom kit used..

But..
Youll want it loaded all the time if going an off the shelf kit..
Ours is around 2.9-3T daily and by geese it was like driving a brick...
To the point of nearly dangerous on our crappy roads down here..
I had it drifting across the lane on a corner at 110 due to the bumps..

So i now have a different setup.
Gone standard springs and air bags.. The kevlar bags are rated for 500kg.
If we go on a solo trip ill drop the heavier springs in again..
Ive heard $4000 is the cost from statewide..
I guess they dont have much compitition so charge what they like..

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

stevemc181
10th January 2017, 05:40 PM
Hey steve.
Mine went threw state wide 4x4 in vic but is taken to 3495.
Something to do with axle loading and tyre ratings etc..
But yes, my towers are braced with the superior kit, axle is laminated and lovels custom kit used..

But..
Youll want it loaded all the time if going an off the shelf kit..
Ours is around 2.9-3T daily and by geese it was like driving a brick...
To the point of nearly dangerous on our crappy roads down here..
I had it drifting across the lane on a corner at 110 due to the bumps..

So i now have a different setup.
Gone standard springs and air bags.. The kevlar bags are rated for 500kg.
If we go on a solo trip ill drop the heavier springs in again..
Ive heard $4000 is the cost from statewide..
I guess they dont have much compitition so charge what they like..

Cheers for the info,
I will be up on the weights as a daily driver once I load in the drawers, water tank, tools etc. I'll see how she rides once I get it, and adjust as necessary.
My Pajero was always way over GVM when loaded for trips and it was something that bugged the hell out of me, as no GVM upgrade is available for a Pajero. I changed coils and shocks about 4 times in the Paj over 4 years just getting it to how I wanted it. She was up around 2.9t as a daily and running on custom king coils and Dobinson remote res shocks. I'll probably do the same with the Patrol over the years and fine tune it to my needs. I don't mind a hard ride as I spent years in trucks so it's all subjective really. She won't do much work around town, but she will cover some ground offroad.

I didn't think the price was overly bad to be honest when it includes the engineering and diff lamination etc etc. A standard 2" lift would be around the $1600-$1800 mark fitted anyway.

stevemc181
20th January 2017, 02:57 PM
Almost Done, the diff is in the jig and getting the braces welded on and then the GVM Upgrade is done. Then it's off to the tinting shop and back to Nissan for rego and handover. Hopefully I'll see it early-mid next week. Once I pick it up, then it's straight to the tyre fitters to trade the stock tyres for a set of Mickey T ATZ P3's in 285/70/17 (33")

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4311_zpstmjfszql.jpg

BigRAWesty
20th January 2017, 10:05 PM
Almost Done, the diff is in the jig and getting the braces welded on and then the GVM Upgrade is done. Then it's off to the tinting shop and back to Nissan for rego and handover. Hopefully I'll see it early-mid next week. Once I pick it up, then it's straight to the tyre fitters to trade the stock tyres for a set of Mickey T ATZ P3's in 285/70/17 (33")

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4311_zpstmjfszql.jpg
Have a word to the guys doing it as mine is complianced with a set tyre size, and thats 31".
So if you plan on running 33's full time get them to compliance the gvm upgrade with that size on the plate.

stevemc181
20th January 2017, 10:14 PM
Have a word to the guys doing it as mine is complianced with a set tyre size, and thats 31".
So if you plan on running 33's full time get them to compliance the gvm upgrade with that size on the plate.

Hmmm, I'm too late now to make any changes as its now gone back to the dealer. I did mention to them a few days ago I'd be changing tyres and they reckon so long as the load index was suitable it would be ok, didn't mention tyre size.
Hopefully no mention of size on the plate? Guess I'll find out next week.

Cheers,
Steve

stevemc181
21st January 2017, 05:57 PM
I had a chat to the Pedders guy this morning and he sent the pic below, which is the label they affix regarding increased axle limits and tyre load index. No additional size info is required.

I note on the label it states 110R, the Mickey T's will be 121Q, so a higher load rating but lower speed rating. WA has fallen into line with VSB14 for vehicle standards, which states for an offroad vehicle a speed rating of N or higher is sufficient. This falls within those guidelines, so I am satisfied the 33's and 121Q rating is all legal.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4313_zpsik6wxnch.jpg

BigRAWesty
23rd January 2017, 07:48 AM
I had a chat to the Pedders guy this morning and he sent the pic below, which is the label they affix regarding increased axle limits and tyre load index. No additional size info is required.

I note on the label it states 110R, the Mickey T's will be 121Q, so a higher load rating but lower speed rating. WA has fallen into line with VSB14 for vehicle standards, which states for an offroad vehicle a speed rating of N or higher is sufficient. This falls within those guidelines, so I am satisfied the 33's and 121Q rating is all legal.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4313_zpsik6wxnch.jpg
Nice.
Bit different to what i have fitted, thats a better one imo.
But just watch that front axle weight.
Not much overhead on it.
I was about 1.5T with steel bar, dual batteries and winch with rope.
I think cable on the winch or even scrub bars would see you on if not over that weight

stevemc181
23rd January 2017, 10:03 AM
Nice.
Bit different to what i have fitted, thats a better one imo.
But just watch that front axle weight.
Not much overhead on it.
I was about 1.5T with steel bar, dual batteries and winch with rope.
I think cable on the winch or even scrub bars would see you on if not over that weight

Yep, I'll be swapping the steel cable out to rope, and the dual battery I have is a 100A/h Lifepo4 which only weighs 14kg. The battery will be mounted in the back once I work out my storage configuration. I'll get some more pics of all the labels once I finally get my hands on the vehicle.

stevemc181
27th January 2017, 04:10 PM
Grrrrrr! Dealer just rang to tell me it failed the rego inspection today as they didn't have the paperwork for changing it to a 5 seater as per the GVM upgrade requirement. They also need a new tare weight due to the seats being removed. So at least another few days of waiting for me :(

Clunk
27th January 2017, 04:22 PM
Grrrrrr! Dealer just rang to tell me it failed the rego inspection today as they didn't have the paperwork for changing it to a 5 seater as per the GVM upgrade requirement. They also need a new tare weight due to the seats being removed. So at least another few days of waiting for me :(

bloody idjuts

MudRunnerTD
27th January 2017, 04:22 PM

Interesting. This may be worth pursuing if they are stuffing you around for paperwork anyway, get them to make the notation about the 33s as the compliant tyre size. My reckoning is that if the vehicle has had a GVM upgrade engineered pre delivery to run 33s then that's the New Tyre Placcard and you could legally run 35s as its within 2" of "standard"

Id be all over that if that's the spin!

BigRAWesty
27th January 2017, 04:25 PM
Interesting. This may be worth pursuing if they are stuffing you around for paperwork anyway, get them to make the notation about the 33s as the compliant tyre size. My reckoning is that if the vehicle has had a GVM upgrade engineered pre delivery to run 33s then that's the New Tyre Placcard and you could legally run 35s as its within 2" of "standard"

Id be all over that if that's the spin!
Youve sorta missed it there daz.
On mine they have stated a size to comply with the gvm upgrade.

MudRunnerTD
27th January 2017, 04:28 PM
Youve sorta missed it there daz.
On mine they have stated a size to comply with the gvm upgrade.

But surely that becomes the new placcarded tyre size for the vehicle?

BigRAWesty
27th January 2017, 05:08 PM
Na, its only a minimum.

stevemc181
27th January 2017, 06:57 PM
I think what is holding things up is that the Pedders Upgrade is for a 5 seater. They don't actually do the conversion to a 5 seater is what I gather, but expect the vehicle to already be a 5 seater? So the dealer is now doing the running around and getting it re-tared etc, I'm not sure who needs to sign off on the 5 seater paperwork, but assuming an engineer somewhere needs to scrawl his name on it and then run it over the pits again. Bloody bureaucratic bullshit, when you're trying to do the right thing and keep it all legal. 3 weeks and counting ffs!

mudski
27th January 2017, 09:18 PM
I think what is holding things up is that the Pedders Upgrade is for a 5 seater. They don't actually do the conversion to a 5 seater is what I gather, but expect the vehicle to already be a 5 seater? So the dealer is now doing the running around and getting it re-tared etc, I'm not sure who needs to sign off on the 5 seater paperwork, but assuming an engineer somewhere needs to scrawl his name on it and then run it over the pits again. Bloody bureaucratic bullshit, when you're trying to do the right thing and keep it all legal. 3 weeks and counting ffs!
Ok. Not sure if this is of any help or not.
My Patrol had a gvm of 3000kg. I took it in for an engineers for the 4inch lift. They actually did the entire car. Everything. Including engineering the Patrol as a five seater, because i had removed the rear seats and belts. Plus the new and heavier motor, my gvm.is now 3200kg.
Now from my understanding, an actual gvm upgrade to something higher requires diff bracing etc etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

stevemc181
27th January 2017, 10:15 PM
Ok. Not sure if this is of any help or not.
My Patrol had a gvm of 3000kg. I took it in for an engineers for the 4inch lift. They actually did the entire car. Everything. Including engineering the Patrol as a five seater, because i had removed the rear seats and belts. Plus the new and heavier motor, my gvm.is now 3200kg.
Now from my understanding, an actual gvm upgrade to something higher requires diff bracing etc etc.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Not sure whats happening, never heard back from the dealers this afternoon. Last they told me was it was just a paperwork issue regarding the seating capacity and they had to get a new tare weight certificate. I'll find out more tomorrow hopefully and just need to play the waiting game, which I'm not good at ;)

The GVM upgrade to 3505kg included diff and coil tower braces, so its all good there.

BigRAWesty
28th January 2017, 12:04 AM
Yea i was also told to get the 3500gvm it had to be taken back to a 5 seater.
Unsure why??
Mine was done new as a 5 seater and outback draws in place.
Yes braced diff mark so the axle is now compliant.
Id say it is a simple engineering scribble thats needed..

PeeBee
29th January 2017, 10:24 AM
I will let you know soon regards the limit for diff bracing as I am stuffing around , still, trying to get my gum upgrade at 3300, and should have an indication Monday or Tuesday if it's going to go thru. What I am expecting is the Dobinson's coils will be rejected and I will be forced to shell out for something different, and not necessarily the pedlars or lovells system, totally confusing and lacking in consistency and logic. Diff bracing has not been in the mix for 3300, but certainly Spring tower stiffeners, which I have had for years................ Sorry got message from site saying message too short, so saving having to re type I am adding this crap on the end

PeeBee
29th January 2017, 05:49 PM
Yea i was also told to get the 3500gvm it had to be taken back to a 5 seater.
Unsure why??
Mine was done new as a 5 seater and outback draws in place.
Yes braced diff mark so the axle is now compliant.
Id say it is a simple engineering scribble thats needed..

Mine was also dropped back from 7 to 5, and reason given was it gives you an additional 180kg of capacity for the calculation, as each seat is rated at 90kg. To be honest, the 3300 I am chasing is marginal with all the junk I lug around, but its a lot closer than 2800 on the original nameplate. I have the 3300 upgrade on the WA nameplate, just trying to get it ratified in Vic.

PeeBee
31st January 2017, 11:44 AM

Stevec,

do you know what the actual front and rear spring rates are in lb/inch for your installation? I am trying to build a case for my suspension ratification in Victoria.

thanks is advance,
Phil

stevemc181
31st January 2017, 11:39 PM
Stevec,

do you know what the actual front and rear spring rates are in lb/inch for your installation? I am trying to build a case for my suspension ratification in Victoria.

thanks is advance,
Phil

Sorry mate I didn't get the actual spring rates from them. She doesn't ride as harsh as my NW Pajero and I've got 1250lb variable rate rear coils in the Paj, so I assume these are somewhere south of that :confused:

I finally picked her up today! They have also changed the side indicators over to some larger ones, which is a bit of overkill, and I note the category has changed from MC to NB1 (for vehicles over 3.5t) I then drove her straight to the tyre shop and changed out the tyres for some Mickey T ATZ P3's in 285/70/17. There is some rubbing of the mudflaps I noticed on full lock in reverse, so I'll sort that out ASAP and remove or trim them.

I've only had it a few hours and I'll be taking it back already unfortunately! Looks like they have stuffed up the install of the Eclipse SatNav. It doesn't matter if I am stopped with the handbrake on etc, I can't access most of the menu functions for navigation or Bluetooth etc. Pretty useless having a satnav I cant put an address in! I'll get on to them in the morning, other than that I'm loving it so far!

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/9bb3d686-9ccc-4b9a-a7b5-a99d902653ca_zpssyahb6mr.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/8891289a-e4bd-4909-9c74-3615e5b6239b_zpshjhzo6cz.jpg

PeeBee
1st February 2017, 11:06 AM
Sorry mate I didn't get the actual spring rates from them. She doesn't ride as harsh as my NW Pajero and I've got 1250lb variable rate rear coils in the Paj, so I assume these are somewhere south of that :confused:

I finally picked her up today! They have also changed the side indicators over to some larger ones, which is a bit of overkill, and I note the category has changed from MC to NB1 (for vehicles over 3.5t) I then drove her straight to the tyre shop and changed out the tyres for some Mickey T ATZ P3's in 285/70/17. There is some rubbing of the mudflaps I noticed on full lock in reverse, so I'll sort that out ASAP and remove or trim them.

I've only had it a few hours and I'll be taking it back already unfortunately! Looks like they have stuffed up the install of the Eclipse SatNav. It doesn't matter if I am stopped with the handbrake on etc, I can't access most of the menu functions for navigation or Bluetooth etc. Pretty useless having a satnav I cant put an address in! I'll get on to them in the morning, other than that I'm loving it so far!

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/9bb3d686-9ccc-4b9a-a7b5-a99d902653ca_zpssyahb6mr.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/8891289a-e4bd-4909-9c74-3615e5b6239b_zpshjhzo6cz.jpg

Thanks Steve,

there appears to be 2 different ways of presenting spring rates, the 'engineering lb/inch method, which can be equated to a formula, and the kg rating more for the mug punter who comes along and says I have this fridge and bullbar and battery and winch etc, so the sales guy totals it up quickly and offers a spring that will either cater for that load all the time, being the constant rate spring or offers a variable rate spring for the guy who converts from mum's taxi to weekend warrior and bolts the junk on and off.

If you do get a chance to ask I would be really keen to find out. My nightmare continues with converting the WA GVM to Victorian regs and I need to have some comparative data to at least put a counter argument to the VASS engineer. Right now I have 100kg constant load coils in the front with a nominal 3" lift before loading. this drops to 2" when the load on the front comes down, then have 400kg constant rate coils 3" lift that comes down to 40mm above standard. I balance this out with BOSS airbags working between the rear axle and chassis. the rear shocker towers are fitted with the Superior strengthening kit, plus ties together from tower to tower - nothing is going anywhere.

Car looks great by the way, nice and understated.

Phil

stevemc181
1st February 2017, 01:34 PM
Thanks Steve,

If you do get a chance to ask I would be really keen to find out.

Phil

You should be able to call into any Pedders store over there and find out.
The part numbers for the coils used are as below.

7753L Pedders Trakryder Coil Spring
7753R Pedders Trakryder Coil Spring
7762L Pedders Trakryder Coil Spring
7762R Pedders Trakryder Coil Spring

Cheers

PeeBee
1st February 2017, 02:47 PM
Steve, spring rates are 302lb/inch for the 7753 L/R and 330lb/inch for the 7762 L/R.

I have 320lb/inch on the front and 340lb/inch on the rears so am in the ballpark. My upgrade is for 3300kg, being assessed on Monday Feb 13.

EFIwindsor
3rd February 2017, 06:55 AM
I have the pedders kit post rego in QLD. rides nicer than the dobinsons heavy duty it that was in it.

Longevity and quality, time will tell. I just wish they used a 2" spring. it only raised the vehicle 30mm or so in the front and 40mm in the back.

stevemc181
3rd February 2017, 09:59 AM
I have the pedders kit post rego in QLD. rides nicer than the dobinsons heavy duty it that was in it.

Longevity and quality, time will tell. I just wish they used a 2" spring. it only raised the vehicle 30mm or so in the front and 40mm in the back.

Mine gave me a 55mm lift in the front and 45mm in the rear, although I expect it will settle a bit. She will also drop further once I start loading her up with the gear. Like you, I am unsure of the pedders gear, as I have never used it, we can only hope it lasts the test of time. My use is mainly touring type stuff/desert work and the most trying thing about this is lengthy sections of corrugations.

threedogs
3rd February 2017, 12:14 PM
Does this in anyway effect your rego price seeing you are
now in a different catergory??

stevemc181
3rd February 2017, 12:37 PM
Does this in anyway effect your rego price seeing you are
now in a different catergory??

I've got no idea, the papers I received from the dealer didn't have anything scary apart from the stamp duty on them. I bought it with on road costs included and think the dealer would have mentioned if the rego was dearer.

I've attached a couple of pics below of the diff lamination, this is required if you want a GVM upgrade higher then the factory axle limits.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4351_zpskw47juhf.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4352_zpsndmryye3.jpg

PeeBee
3rd February 2017, 12:43 PM
When you say the 'factory axle limits', where are these published or how are they established? I am asking specifically as the VASS engineer who certified my engine conversion, but refused to ratify the GVM Upgrade docs ex WA said he wanted a valid brake test, plus axle load strength data, but could not find it. Just curious, as I am now heading to a different VASS engineer for the GVM upgrade and he hasn't mentioned this. my upgrade is to 3300, not 3500. I am after these values for a 1997 GQ patrol.

PeeBee
3rd February 2017, 12:46 PM
The jury is out on the Dobinson coils as well. the rears appeared to sag after a short period, however I found out later they were simply overloaded - when I took the hevy stuff out they rose to original and then more or less maintained that level with a more reasonable load. The fronts are sitting well and the vehicle rides and tracks fine - again, like you, time will tell.

stevemc181
3rd February 2017, 02:19 PM
When you say the 'factory axle limits', where are these published or how are they established? I am asking specifically as the VASS engineer who certified my engine conversion, but refused to ratify the GVM Upgrade docs ex WA said he wanted a valid brake test, plus axle load strength data, but could not find it. Just curious, as I am now heading to a different VASS engineer for the GVM upgrade and he hasn't mentioned this. my upgrade is to 3300, not 3500. I am after these values for a 1997 GQ patrol.

Usually you will find this data in the vehicle spec sheets online or in your vehicles user manual if you have it. http://www.nissan.com.au/~/media/Files/Brochures/Specifications/Patrol/Y61%20Patrol%20Spec%20Mar%202016.ashx

The GU is rated standard at 1500Kg Front and 1800kg rear. (3300kg total)The engineer should only need an analysis if you are exceeding the factory limits. I'm not sure where you'll find the axle limits for the GQ, I know the GVM is on the vehicle plate, but not sure if the individual axle limits are? I've searched on the Road vehicle decriptor site http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/rvd-pre1999/index.htm but it does not give the required details other than GVM is 2960kg http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/rvd-pre1999/data/pdf/10083.pdf

PeeBee
3rd February 2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks Steve, I will see what I can dig up, more out of curiosity now.

threedogs
3rd February 2017, 03:59 PM
Steve whats the sticker on your door???

Hodge
3rd February 2017, 04:05 PM
Steve whats the sticker on your door???
It's the Nissan patrol legendary edition sticker . Seen a few around lately.

Sent from S5

stevemc181
3rd February 2017, 04:09 PM
It's the Nissan patrol legendary edition sticker . Seen a few around lately.

Sent from S5

Yep, Had to pay extra for that one! :bigthumbup: