PDA

View Full Version : Waeco error running on 240v

AB
4th January 2017, 09:11 PM
All packed ready to go camping.

Fridge on 12v

Thought I should run the extension lead and cool the fridge down tonight using 240v, food and beverages inside.

All working fine but just walked out and the fridge shows up Error, then goes to power, back to error, back to power, fridge cuts in and out of course.

I'm now back on 12v with charger on aux battery and it's working fine.

Not an emergency but curious as to why it's started doing this on 240v charging fridge.

It's pretty hot here today, it was working fine on 240v for an hour or so but then the above happened?

No stress if no one can help as it's all working on 12v fine but just curious as to reasons why this has happened on 240v?

Avo
4th January 2017, 09:27 PM
did you check the 240v fuse?

MB
4th January 2017, 09:29 PM
Did you pause mate between swapping power sources or just plug her in over the top of the other. Only reason I say it is because I only gave mine just now a 10 sec pause 12V to 240V and it did same same and took approx 5 minutes for 240V to kick in. These Mexican bought Waeco's must be freaking out being over 20 degrees ambient :-)

AB
4th January 2017, 09:30 PM
did you check the 240v fuse? Nah I haven't, good call but I thought if fuse was blown it wouldn't even switch back to Power then cut out repeatedly maybe?

It's kind of like a lack of power supply which doesn't make sense of course as I had a similar issue when I ran 6mm cable to the rear of my Patrol and it couldn't keep up with demand.

AB
4th January 2017, 09:32 PM
Did you pause mate between swapping power sources or just plug her in over the top of the other. Only reason I say it is because I only gave mine just now a 10 sec pause 12V to 240V and it did same same and took approx 5 minutes for 240V to kick in. These Mexican bought Waeco's must be freaking out being over 20 degrees ambient :-) Yeah it was working fine for an hour or so then the above mate.

Rossco
4th January 2017, 10:02 PM
Bugger, wouldn't have a clue but my old trusty is sitting in the shed if you need a backup.

Ben-e-boy
4th January 2017, 10:03 PM
What is the error code?

Avo
4th January 2017, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a faulty circuit board

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AB
4th January 2017, 10:32 PM
What is the error code? I don't think mine has a code, just the error wording and a red light, then back to green light = power and back, etc.

AB
4th January 2017, 10:33 PM
Sounds like a faulty circuit board Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk haven't had it on 240v for at least a year now.

Ben-e-boy
4th January 2017, 11:02 PM
I don't think mine has a code, just the error wording and a red light, then back to green light = power and back, etc.

The error wording (err1) and the amount of times and colour the LED flashes. What is the actual model of fridge

AB
4th January 2017, 11:19 PM
The error wording (err1) and the amount of times and colour the LED flashes. What is the actual model of fridge Hey mate nah I'm not sure of exact model number but it's an older one. The wording error or power is actually translucent wording with a backlight and red or green led lights next to them.

The digital display only shows temp and did not show anything when the errors occur.

AB
4th January 2017, 11:22 PM
Hey mate nah I'm not sure of exact model number but it's an older one. The wording error or power is actually translucent wording with a backlight and red or green led lights next to them. The digital display only shows temp and did not show anything when the errors occur. It just cut off power red light steady next to power wording then back to green steady next to wording Power with digital temp numbers flashing on and off and that's it.

Ben-e-boy
4th January 2017, 11:28 PM
It just cut off power red light steady next to power wording then back to green steady next to wording Power with digital temp numbers flashing on and off and that's it.

Ahh ok. The only real you can try right now is to take it off the extension lead and plug it directly into a power point, see if that changes it

threedogs
5th January 2017, 06:21 PM
Is the extension lead wired correctly.??
because only time Waeco's play up
is mainly bad connections or shonky
joins

Avo
5th January 2017, 09:10 PM
waecos showing error especially on 240volt and still running i still put my money on faulty circuit board

Sir Roofy
5th January 2017, 10:13 PM
Bad connection plug into power point as benny says

Avo
5th January 2017, 10:16 PM
Bad connection plug into power point as benny says
i bet ya 5 bucks..lol

Sir Roofy
5th January 2017, 10:20 PM
i bet ya 5 bucks..lol

Bad connection waecos are good at it

Winnie
6th January 2017, 06:35 AM
waecos showing error especially on 240volt and still running i still put my money on faulty circuit board
I'm with Avo

Clunk
6th January 2017, 11:09 AM
I'm with Avo
Me too [emoji12]

Winnie
6th January 2017, 11:33 AM
Me too [emoji12]

He told me I was the only one.........

Clunk
6th January 2017, 12:03 PM
Don't get upset, he says that to everyone. ....... I'm something like number 6 on his list

Maxhead
6th January 2017, 03:47 PM

Don't get upset, he says that to everyone. ....... I'm something like number 6 on his list

Geez he gets around the slurry :)

AB
7th January 2017, 07:01 PM
Thanks gents it performed brilliant at camp on 12v so I'll do more testing.