PDA

View Full Version : Nissan ti l

K9s4us
3rd January 2017, 06:38 AM
Hi
New to forum
I bought a Nissan ti l 2016
Happy with car
Except sunroof blew out after a couple of weeks from purchase.
Hands free system doesn't work but still waiting for Nissan to fix problem by replacing the unit.
Also have the problem of rear sag when putting on the caravan.
Was told to put on airbags which I did.
But now the Iba and cruise light comes on which disables the those features.
I turn off ignition and reset iba but still comes on after a period of time even though the bags have 5 psi and even when the airbag man consultant said run no air in bags.
Anyone have a clue.
Haven't tried to put caravan on yet.
Does someone own a ti l and have found a solution to sag ??
Has anyone got airbags only or do I need to upgrade springs ??
As per other threads nissan is so helpful
NOT
Help
Near Canberra

Winnie
3rd January 2017, 06:46 AM
Hey mate, is this a GU Patrol or a Y62 Patrol?

K9s4us
3rd January 2017, 07:39 AM
Y62 ti l 2016 patrol

threedogs
3rd January 2017, 03:30 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, kevin07 may be able to help you out
or Yendor , enjoy

Cyclone
3rd January 2017, 06:12 PM
Just ordered my TI due in May. I have been looking into the tow bar issue as well. Nissan say in their literature that they do not recommend the use of a weight distribution hitch on their tow bar. I beleive this is to cover their arse. I was told by the service department that the Nissan bar would be OK with a WDH. Also have been advised a WDH can be used with a Haymen Reyce bar. I Had a GU Patrol with a Nissan tow bar. I used a WDH with it for twelve years without a problem. Nissan didn't recommend use of a WDH on it ether.

Dhuck
3rd January 2017, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

K9s4us
3rd January 2017, 07:43 PM
Hi
Well found out how to adjust the laser myself so no more issues there
Also re Nissan tow bar versas HR the difference apparently is that Nissan ones are good but if you are intend

K9s4us
3rd January 2017, 07:45 PM
Sorry if you are intending to put a long range fuel tank on then you need to get the HR tow bar as the Nissan one has a bar in the way or something that prevents putting one on

K9s4us
3rd January 2017, 07:49 PM
Re WDH not recommended as it puts a lot of wieght on the front end especially if you have a bull bar fitted as well
We have airbags that can go to 60 psi to avoid the sag in the rear end and looking at getting a 2"lift fitted
A guy in Victoria supplies the kits and they are RDA approved and he has done about 80 patrols

Cyclone
3rd January 2017, 08:40 PM
Hi K9, I have been using WDH for years. The weight transfer to the front is adjustable and intentional. Air bags are a great thing and work well in most cars. I would be concerned that the air bags would work against the levelling system in the Y62. Will need to investigate this further.

4bye4
5th January 2017, 10:56 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Yetiman
10th January 2017, 04:54 PM
Welcome aboard mate...

kevin07
8th February 2017, 07:02 AM
the only thing I use for ball weight is airbagman hd bags about 40psi about 2 65 on the ball no lights at all

kevin07
8th February 2017, 07:04 AM
Hi K9, I have been using WDH for years. The weight transfer to the front is adjustable and intentional. Air bags are a great thing and work well in most cars. I would be concerned that the air bags would work against the levelling system in the Y62. Will need to investigate this further.

no they don't work against hbmc even after unhooking doesn't change anything

kevin07
8th February 2017, 07:06 AM
Re WDH not recommended as it puts a lot of wieght on the front end especially if you have a bull bar fitted as well
We have airbags that can go to 60 psi to avoid the sag in the rear end and looking at getting a 2"lift fitted
A guy in Victoria supplies the kits and they are RDA approved and he has done about 80 patrols

your obviously talking about ontrack 4wd yes he is the leader in y62 mods