PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

wildgu6
31st December 2016, 04:10 PM
Hi guys/gals, I know a lot of people have had issues with the old BUBBLED DASH, some have been lucky enough to get the replacement done, and some have battled Nissan with little or no success. Came across this today and thought it might be worth a crack. A petition for unsatisfied customers to sign to be sent to Nissan Aust to try and get something done about the unsightly devaluing blistering dash's Nissan have fitted. Worth a crack! Have a look
Cheers
https://www.change.org/p/nissan-australia-nissan-patrol-dash-replacement?recruiter=658223582&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

bazzaboy
2nd January 2017, 06:23 AM
I cant understand how they can get away with it without a total recall on all of them, from day one. It IS a safety issue. Some of the cracked dashes I've seen could possibly take an eye out or cause permanent blindness, especially to the passenger, if the air bag deployed. Did they get away with it in the states, the land of law suites?

Hodge
2nd January 2017, 06:45 AM
Sorry I thought they did recall it ? Vehicles up to 6 years of age from memory.

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2017, 09:10 AM

No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....

Hodge
2nd January 2017, 02:10 PM
No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....

I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2017, 08:31 AM
I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).

I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!

threedogs
4th January 2017, 10:46 AM
I would have thought a petition for the front seat belts as a safety issue would be more important

TimE
4th January 2017, 11:05 AM
Read through this thread, (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?352-GU-IV-and-on-Dash-Bubbles/page4&highlight=dash+bubbles) lots of info, some good news, some not so good news.

Rock Trol
4th January 2017, 11:25 AM
I called a Nissan dealership in March 2016 about it when I was booking in for the replacement air bag. They said they didn't know anything about a bubbling dash and that I should call Nissan direct. Called the Nissan customer service number and was told the service campaign had ended the previous year. My car was also 9 years old so wouldnt have been covered. The dash mat covers the pimples up at the moment.

It's really bad customer service as I wont be considering Nissan in the future. Too many issues not fixed by the factory or corrected in later runs such as leaking intercoolers, cracked rear door etc. These should have been addressed in a program of continuous improvement instead of just carrying on with the same old design/item.

4bye4
4th January 2017, 11:50 AM
Interestingly enough I got mine replaced in 2012 by the dealer as I said i wpuldn't buy it as it was. That was after the 6 year cut off so either the dealer paid or they organised it for the sale. point being they would do the work to make a sale but probably not too interested in fixing old claims that don't bring any income. When you look at the way they have dropped the diesel and the Y61, even though people in Aus would still buy them, it is an indication of the lack of importance they attach to the Aus market. If you apply the same importance to a few (trouble makers) disgruntled customers in Australia, who cares as it is not going to affect them much in the percentage sales in the world market. In other words if even 1000 people don't buy Nissan any more because of poor service, that is nothing in the world sales so who cares. Just my opinion, but it is based on my experience on equipment I work on daily.

Rock Trol
4th January 2017, 12:21 PM
Interestingly enough I got mine replaced in 2012 by the dealer as I said i wpuldn't buy it as it was. That was after the 6 year cut off so either the dealer paid or they organised it for the sale. point being they would do the work to make a sale but probably not too interested in fixing old claims that don't bring any income. When you look at the way they have dropped the diesel and the Y61, even though people in Aus would still buy them, it is an indication of the lack of importance they attach to the Aus market. If you apply the same importance to a few (trouble makers) disgruntled customers in Australia, who cares as it is not going to affect them much in the percentage sales in the world market. In other words if even 1000 people don't buy Nissan any more because of poor service, that is nothing in the world sales so who cares. Just my opinion, but it is based on my experience on equipment I work on daily.

Absolutely right. And I know all manufacturers try and wiggle out of fixing their older product, especially if its out of warranty (or sometimes within), but I think Nissan just dont care that much about this market. They just sell some excess product here and they have given up on increasing sales numbers. Middle East, North America and European markets are the ones they are interested in. Don't get me wrong, the Patrol is a great product in many respects, but I cant help feeling that most of that development came from before 2000 when they were still independent of Renault. Since then most of the changes/upgrades to the Patrol have not been of the highest standard. Just the bare minimum to get by.

Hodge
4th January 2017, 04:20 PM
I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!

This is how bad mine is ... Driver's side is the worst. Original owner from Adelaide had a go at getting it replaced back in 2008. Got refused as car was out of warranty. I have all the documents since day 1 of vehicles life including the receipt where it says "Inspect unsatisfactory dash".

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70450&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70451&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70452&stc=1

BillD
21st August 2018, 08:42 PM

No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2018, 10:12 PM
No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.

Nissan managed this problem under the guise of a Service Campaign. If you did not use the Dealer Network for your servicing you did not stand a chance.

mojo53
20th October 2018, 09:04 AM
Hi Guys

My 2006 Patrol developed the wrinkled dash a year or so after i brought it and i thought it might have been caused by the extreme heat of living in the northwest of WA at that time (ave summer temp around 38c) and thought sh##t happens and that was that.
Then later when we moved down to Geraldton in the Midwest my wife went into town to do some shopping and i told her to drop into the local Nissan Agent for a black plastic insert for the inner wheel arch that i had lost and the spare parts guy actual came out to the car park to show her where it went and must have felt sorry for her and ended up fitting it for free.So next time i was in town i stopped by the Nissan dealer to thank him for helping out blah blah and his parting comment as i was leaving was "is there anything else we can help you with" and i laughed and said "not unless you can give me a new dash as mine has melted".
Then to my surprise he asked if he could come outside and have a look and informed me of the recall on dashboards for that issue, he then checked the vin number etc etc and we went back inside and checked his computer and told me that the recall finished the following week and yes i qualified for a new one and as a mater of fact they had one left in stock and when did i want it fitted.
Well after i picked myself of the floor i said "tomorrow will do before you change your mind" anyway i got i booked in a couple of days later and that was that.
So how bloody lucky was that, the only gripe i have is i didn't go fishing for several months and when i did i discovered that the green indication warning on the dash that shows you have 4 wheel drive engaged, did not work and after contacting the Nissan dealer again who apparently had just change management, had changed attitudes as well and was not interested, but at least i got a new dash and just days before the recall finished, so maybe some problems are due to the dealers and not Nissan "who knows".
But i am still wondering why the dash 4x4 indication is not working and if anyone here knows if it is just a plug issue or as the new management fobbed of as not simply a plug that was not put back after my new dash was installed but a complete new circuit board for the entire dash panel as everything is on the one board.

Any info on the dashboard indicators circuits and wiring would be greatly appreciated.