PDA

View Full Version : Hi every one broken down kiwi

steve567
25th December 2016, 09:00 PM
Hi own a GQ 1995 Nissan Patrol was 4.2t with auto but after only 3 days of ownership and gearbox saying good bye to all not that happy with my Patrols.So I have a Holden 308 in the shed with th400 hanging on the back going to put both or one of them into her.I live in New Zealand the Waikato not hot more cold and green like today (xmas day) Now just because I am a kiwi please no sheep jokes LOL.Well I going on to forums to get or find some answers i hope.Looking forward to talking to you all cheers.

Tony's 4.8
25th December 2016, 09:05 PM
Hi Steve and welcome. Goodluck with the conversion. Take care.

steve567
25th December 2016, 09:55 PM
thanks i will need more than luck i think

Avo
25th December 2016, 10:00 PM
no sheep jokes...and ya want us to talk to ya...what about then.....Ok welcome to the forum...but shit i got a heap of sheep jokes.....and the worst thing is eldest daughter just ran off and married one...but hey....thats not your fault

MB
26th December 2016, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard Steve !

Mc4by
26th December 2016, 10:01 AM
no sheep jokes...and ya want us to talk to ya...what about then.....Ok welcome to the forum...but shit i got a heap of sheep jokes.....and the worst thing is eldest daughter just ran off and married one...but hey....thats not your fault

Your eldest daughter married a sheep? :)

threedogs
26th December 2016, 11:24 AM
Hello and welcome to the fourom, personally Id leave the auto on with a cooler
for your muddy KiWi conditions, can I mention its very muddy over there NZ that is.
Have a search or ask away lol

mudnut
26th December 2016, 11:46 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

What has happened to your transmission?.

The Nissan auto is a fairly robust unit and the torque converter can be locked when required with a minor mod.

What is the level and colour of the fluid?

Is it slipping or missing gears or just no drive at all.

Have you checked the linkages to see if they are working properly?

Have you dropped the pan and checked for debris or metal?

While you have the auto out, you might consider upgrades, especially considering the hilly terrain in NZ;

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?7128-Automatic-Valve-Body-Shift-Kit-Help-Please&highlight=auto+valve+body+upgrade

You will probably get a better response to your questions if you post in the engine and drive train area.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Engine-and-Drivetrain

Cheers.

AB
26th December 2016, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Corsta0211
26th December 2016, 06:17 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
27th December 2016, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

steve567
27th December 2016, 02:08 PM
thanks for not blaming me for that.

MB
27th December 2016, 05:54 PM
Your eldest daughter married a sheep? :)
Love your work Mc4by :-)
Mr AVO is a big boy, water off a ducks back :-)
Welcome aboard again Kiwi-Steve mate, enjoy !!

gibbo57
29th December 2016, 11:20 AM
Welcome aboard mate.
Cheers
Dave

steve567
30th December 2016, 12:01 AM
HI everyone had my patrol lwb stolen today between 2.30 and 4 am
4 men in car witness said one fat maori 3 others smaller people smashed left front door lock and cut seat belts to make tow rope they towed it away about 3 kms stopped on side of road to find out why it wouldn,t start pulled bonnett HOLY SHIT NO MOTOR in this one so they high tailed it left it there you could tell motor gone as it was so high in the front best thing is witness got rego number and cops got some finger prints which matchs one of them.
but to steal truck with no motor have to be dicks I think i will laugh about what there face expression must of been when bonnet went up

steve567
30th December 2016, 12:05 AM
hi again going to shift this to Forum: Engine and Drivetrain thanks guys and girls

4bye4
5th January 2017, 10:57 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Yetiman
10th January 2017, 04:51 PM
Welcome aboard mate...

Kami
11th January 2017, 10:09 AM
welcome to the forum, sorry your purchase was such a dissapointment!