PDA

View Full Version : Forum Apps for the Android Phone

Tony's 4.8
24th December 2016, 10:38 AM
I have heard about aps for the phone that allow better veiwing (and texting) for web forums such as this one. What do people use to browse this forum on their Android phone and join in on threads ?
Tony.

macca
24th December 2016, 10:59 AM
Use Google as tapatalk and motor something wont load / work .
Bit of a PITA

Clunk
24th December 2016, 11:24 AM
Tapatalk for the forum...... makes it easier to up load photos too...... but does sometimes make searching for stuff a bit more difficult

Winnie
24th December 2016, 11:30 AM
Tapatalk for the forum...... makes it easier to up load photos too...... but does sometimes make searching for stuff a bit more difficult
I have been using Tapatalk since AB turned it back on but in the last month or so it has been giving me the shits!
It doesn't load to the last unread post at all, always goes to the same post which could be weeks old.

Clunk
24th December 2016, 11:32 AM
I have been using Tapatalk since AB turned it back on but in the last month or so it has been giving me the shits!
It doesn't load to the last unread post at all, always goes to the same post which could be weeks old.
Yeah I've found that on a few threads, but not all. ...... still beats the crap out of motorculture, forum friend and forumrunner

Softy
24th December 2016, 01:21 PM

I have given up using that button on my PC it does exactly what your saying.. As for my phone i only just started using a Tapa a few weeks back and love it, Makes uploading pics so quick and easy.

Hodge
24th December 2016, 01:24 PM
I have given up using that button on my PC it does exactly what your saying.. As for my phone i only just started using a Tapa a few weeks back and love it, Makes uploading pics so quick and easy.

Are you using the Whats new button ??? That is the only thing I use every time I log on the forum on any browser. Always shows the latest answered threads regardless of read or unread.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70369&stc=1

Softy
24th December 2016, 02:40 PM
Are you using the Whats new button ??? That is the only thing I use every time I log on the forum on any browser. Always shows the latest answered threads regardless of read or unread.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70369&stc=1

Sorry i should have explained myself better.... I click on that and yes it gives me the list of unread threads... The little round button next to the thread title "go to first unread post" is the one that doesn't do what it should... Takes me to old posts even if i have looked at the thread 5mins earlier and there has been new posts.

Tony's 4.8
24th December 2016, 04:20 PM
Thnks for the replies. I will install TapTalk and see how it goes.
Tony.

Rossco
24th December 2016, 04:29 PM
Yeah found the same, still love it tho. Bloody updates 😡. .

Tony's 4.8
24th December 2016, 08:40 PM
OK. Have loaded Taptalk. Seems to work, just need to get used to it. Thanks. Tony

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

taslucas
25th December 2016, 06:50 AM
It's always been that way for me but I still prefer it to other ways of viewing.

>>>tappin from tassie