PDA

View Full Version : Tacho sensor Where is it ?

Tip12345
22nd December 2016, 07:05 AM
My 2005 4.2 TI in my tray back ... I am still looking at trying to fix the Lazy Tacho .
Looked and cleaned the earthing points . swaped the Blue Relay . its somwhat improved but still not good at low Engine speed .
I have done no good at downloading the manual . But Am battling along with the generous soles on this forum . I cant see wherethe sensor is . Can someone give me the heads up thanks Mark

FNqGu04
22nd December 2016, 09:22 AM
Hi Tip
I'm pretty sure the sender for your tacho is on the side of the injector pump .
Hope that helps .
craig

Tip12345
22nd December 2016, 09:27 AM
Thanks . I am a bit worried my pump might be making Metal ! now I can Take a look at the wiring.

AB
22nd December 2016, 01:56 PM
You can see the sensor in this pic of my engine. Left hand side of the alternator on the front with the wire dangling down.

Tip12345
23rd December 2016, 07:40 AM
Thanks that will help me lots . This problem is helping me find my way around my Patrol .
Have found a few problems along the way !! new fuel tanks and fuel lines is the next job . then chase the fuel system through . Pump , filters etc .

Tip12345
1st January 2017, 08:58 PM
My 2005 4.2 TI in my tray back ... I am still looking at trying to fix the Lazy Tacho .
Looked and cleaned the earthing points . swaped the Blue Relay . its somwhat improved but still not good at low Engine speed .
I have done no good at downloading the manual . But Am battling along with the generous soles on this forum . I cant see wherethe sensor is . Can someone give me the heads up thanks Mark

hi all hope santa was good to you .
I am thinking of replacing the tacho sensor its a three wire Job . Has anyone bench tested one ? I have been having fun learning my way around my new toy . Its not giving away many secrets yet !!

Avo
1st January 2017, 09:26 PM
yes i had problems with mine ages ago..i'll try and find the link.it was the wire broken at the plug

Avo
1st January 2017, 09:35 PM
can't find it,but wires come up from timing cover then um past thermostat housing and along right hand side of motor,,at the front you will see a plug,one of my wires was broken there