PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Litres per 100 K's on trip today

Bob
7th December 2016, 03:55 PM
Left Pakenham at 4.00am this morning with a full Tank of Gas and drove to Bendigo 200 K's

As Gas is cheaper in Bendigo (Go Figure) I decided to fill up and took only 17 Litres of Gas (ie 8.5 Litres per 100 K's)
I thought maybe the Pump in the Service Station was faulty and was not filling the Patrol Tank fully so went to another Service Station and could not get any more Gas in.

Drove back to Pakenham and filled up with Gas and it took 32 Litres of Gas 16 Litres per 100 K'swhich is about the consumption I get on Trips.

Now this was from 4.00am so I was not Drunk LOL

I am a little bit confused which is not that surprising

4.5 Litre on Dual Fuel

Sir Roofy
7th December 2016, 04:12 PM
Left Pakenham at 4.00am this morning with a full Tank of Gas and drove to Bendigo 200 K's

As Gas is cheaper in Bendigo (Go Figure) I decided to fill up and took only 17 Litres of Gas (ie 8.5 Litres per 100 K's)
I thought maybe the Pump in the Service Station was faulty and was not filling the Patrol Tank fully so went to another Service Station and could not get any more Gas in.

Drove back to Pakenham and filled up with Gas and it took 32 Litres of Gas 16 Litres per 100 K'swhich is about the consumption I get on Trips.

Now this was from 4.00am so I was not Drunk LOL

I am a little bit confused which is not that surprising

4.5 Litre on Dual Fuel

Haha 4am mate you still had sand in your
eyes way to early for young fella to be up

Maxhead
7th December 2016, 04:18 PM
Mate, 16l/100 is still a very very good figure for a shitbox 4.5 :)

Bob
7th December 2016, 04:25 PM
Mate, 16l/100 is still a very very good figure for a shitbox 4.5 :)

Don't be bloody Rude LOL I have had the Exhaust Ports enlarged on mine which improved the Performance quite a bit.

Just figured that if the Tank was over filled at the start of my trip it would have produced the above figures.

mudnut
7th December 2016, 05:33 PM
The cool night air may have aided in the good economy, but not nearly 50%. It could be the lack of traffic, the temp when you filled, the altitude and the way the stars were aligned.

GeeYou8
8th December 2016, 08:28 AM
With such small quantities the margin for error is big enough to skew results, to get more accurate results you need to run to almost empty.
Another factor is how much petrol was used for start/warm up, I don't know what system you are using, some injection systems don't change to gas until up to temperature. You may have gone half way on petrol, on the return the engine is already warm so it is gas all the way.
Graham

threedogs
8th December 2016, 11:39 AM
agree with Mudnut probable the cool dense air was a big factor

Kimbo63
8th December 2016, 07:43 PM
it was all down hill on the way there and up hill on the way back

Bob
9th December 2016, 08:10 AM
it was all down hill on the way there and up hill on the way back

Actually it up Hill on the way to Bendigo and downhill on the return LOL

I have actually found the reason as I took the Patrol back to the Service Station that I filled up before the Trip and had only travelled 10 K's since filling up and it took another 13 Litres so the Pump was not cutting out when it should have. Advised the Service Station and they closed the Pump for testing.

Winnie
9th December 2016, 09:25 AM
Actually it up Hill on the way to Bendigo and downhill on the return LOL

I have actually found the reason as I took the Patrol back to the Service Station that I filled up before the Trip and had only travelled 10 K's since filling up and it took another 13 Litres so the Pump was not cutting out when it should have. Advised the Service Station and they closed the Pump for testing.

How's that for bad economy then!?

130L/100Km