PDA

View Full Version : Need help and advice please guys

JackCollo
3rd December 2016, 12:04 AM
Hi guys my name is Jack just thought I do a brief introduction to myself and my patrol. So I'm 21 first time 4x4 owner but I've driven four by fours before. I am mechanically minded and love tinkering with my patrol who I lovingly named patches because of the patches of clear coat missing.

So my patrol I've bought is a 2000 GU II 3.0litre ZD30, 2" inch lift, everything else is stock. 288,290kms

I am always looking to make my car more reliable and just a bit better.
Please tell me the things I can do to the patrol to make it the most reliable it can be and he best performing.
Also I noticed today that there is an oil leak somewhere up near the intake manifold and it's covering the motor in oil.

Regards Jack

Clunk
3rd December 2016, 02:26 AM
welcome aboard mate, sorry but I'm not much help but one of the more learned folk will be able to....... you might want to start a new thread in the appropriate section though as not everyone reads the intros

4bye4
3rd December 2016, 05:04 AM
G'day and welcome Jack. It might be worthwhile to check if your oil leak is in fact your intercooler leaking down onto the engine. The I/C's often leak on these motors and it can seem to be coming from other parts of the motor. If it is the I/C replace it with a fully welded model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

threedogs
3rd December 2016, 07:50 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum as 4bye4 has said if your IC is oily its leaking especially being a 2000 model
Diesel Smart do a great value for money fully tigged and tested IC. Check your oil level they dont like being over filled.
Give mudski a PM and talk to him about fitting NADS to your Patrol.
Other than that enjoy yourself

Dhuck
3rd December 2016, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Corsta0211
6th December 2016, 09:03 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

FingersB
23rd December 2016, 09:14 AM
Welcome!!!