View Full Version : Suspension laws have changed! In NSW

NissanGQ4.2
28th November 2016, 05:29 PM
https://www.facebook.com/PATCALLINANS4X4ADVENTURES/posts/10154783504525816

https://mr4x4.com.au/4x4-suspension-lift-laws-changed/

I'll wait till I see an official press release on this one

mudski
29th November 2016, 07:57 AM
Its about time NSW caught up with us Vics. Lol.

I like this bit....
Importantly, one thing we like is that the VSB 14 update also gives you guidance on measuring your ride height, so you can actually have a baseline to work from for a 4X4 suspension lift. vehicle modification laws in Australia have always had the problem of being very strict, but also being unclear, unrealistic, or even some cases completely self- contradictory and oxymoronic.
So atelast we can check up if Mr Plod is doing his job right on the road side.

macca
29th November 2016, 04:58 PM
Its about time NSW caught up with us Vics. Lol.

I like this bit....
Importantly, one thing we like is that the VSB 14 update also gives you guidance on measuring your ride height, so you can actually have a baseline to work from for a 4X4 suspension lift. vehicle modification laws in Australia have always had the problem of being very strict, but also being unclear, unrealistic, or even some cases completely self- contradictory and oxymoronic.
So atelast we can check up if Mr Plod is doing his job right on the road side.

Bugger caught up Mudski how about standardised State to State and Territory, but that's a bloody stupid idea....

While I'm being an idiot we could have a national licence and rego too, funny how insurance can do it????

NissanGQ4.2
29th November 2016, 05:16 PM
Bugger caught up Mudski how about standardised State to State and Territory, but that's a bloody stupid idea....

While I'm being an idiot we could have a national licence and rego too, funny how insurance can do it????

X 2 Macca, should not matter where you drive in Australia, what ever is done should be legal Australia wide....

They still haven't got insurance right though I don't believe, it should be the person insured not the vehicle your driving so no matter who's car your in you know its insured.....

mudnut
29th November 2016, 05:25 PM
X 3, but if you take all of the state legislators and make one central road authority, a lot of white collar people will lose their jobs. Can't have that, can we?

NissanGQ4.2
29th November 2016, 06:00 PM
X 3, but if you take all of the state legislators and make one central road authority, a lot of white collar people will lose their jobs. Can't have that, can we?

arrrrmmmmm yes, sack the lot and if you pass my 2 inch body lift you can run it all mudnut

macca
29th November 2016, 06:33 PM

Some heavily overstaffed offices with white collars collectively dipping their snouts in the tax dollar trough copping a downsizing...
That has a nice sound to it!