PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

tx5_brent
23rd November 2016, 01:37 PM
Hi All,

I am new here, mainly joined up for the awesome resources you have here, including your factory work shop manuals, that's the sort of thing that's very hard to come by for cars this age.

I don't have a Patrol my self, but I have many mates who do have them. I'm not sure if my mates are just useless at communicating with their mechanics or if they choose useless mechanics, but I have decided I will help them out and get their cars going, so I have someone to go 4x4ing with.

My first project will be getting the TB42 EFI in my mates GQ running properly on petrol. It is barely running and it's pig rich when on petrol, runs fine on LPG. I have been told that the mechanic has changed the FPR, the AFM, had the injectors cleaned and cleaned the fuel lines and that hasn't fixed it. This is where the factory work shop manual will come in handy, I will start by testing sensors/checking fault codes.

Might even start a thread if I can't fix it myself.

Cheers,
Brent.

Touses
23rd November 2016, 02:21 PM
G'day bloke ,welcome! If you're fixing mates patrols and then get out 4X4 you will get the bug!
Whack up some of your fixes in the appropriate areas. Be good to get some outside feedback.

tx5_brent
23rd November 2016, 02:53 PM
Yer, will do. I picked up a new MQ Triton a few months back, so I'm heading out in that.

I was pretty keen on getting a GU3 or newer for quite a while, but, I'm pretty fussy, so after looking for a while I was put in a situation where I had to buy a car ASAP, so went for something new instead.

Been out as a passenger in a few different GQs and GUs and I am a fan of them.

threedogs
23rd November 2016, 05:31 PM
welcome to the forum Brent,,enjoy

AB
23rd November 2016, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
23rd November 2016, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate