PDA

View Full Version : Someone wake up those dozy lot in Canberra please

the evil twin
24th April 2011, 01:39 AM
Is it just me or is the majority of the Aussie population starting to get REALLY pee'd off with those cretins in Canberra.

What happened to the good pollies who wanted what was best for Australia. They had to make hard and unpopular decisions in the past but they could stand up proud and say "yeah, we know it sucks but we did our research and it might cost us a guernsey at election time but its going to benefit us all".

Come election time it usually turned out they were right and they got another crack but this current shower of sh1t on both sides of the house haven't got a bl00dy clue.

Ever since world war two Australia has generally prospered and pretty much been the envy of the world albiet a hiccup or two along the way but the last couple of years... Holy Moley what a pack of drongos.

Sure in the past 60 years the pollies played their games but when the chips were down on the big issues at least they tried to show they had sufficient intelligence to run a chook raffle. I think the Australian Political Parties (all of them) have gotten so bad that anyone worth their salt doesn't want to be associated with them.

Some of the leading players are deadset certifiable... Swan, Joyce, Katter, Windsor, Brown

You don't tax the rrse off the miners - you get them to spend twice as much capital as you were going to tax them on building infrastructure. They'll fall all over 'emselves to oblige and do it quicker cheaper and better than any Gov't Project and the infrastructure then benefits all Australia.

You don't bring in a Carbon Tax solely to stay in power (Julias own words "we (Liberal) are against the Carbon Tax but its introduction is a requirement of our agreement with the the Greens) when everyone knows in its current form it is totally flawed.

You don't blow billions of dollars in the future fund when even the Public are yelling at you to save the money we can ride out the GFC it'll hurt a bit but not as much as trying to get the money back and now they reckon they can do it in ONE budget !!!!

Utter Horsesh1t :sterb003:

Silver
24th April 2011, 02:17 AM
Politicians are there to stay in power.

They stay in power because of the people who vote for them, and the people who vote for those whom they do deals with.

It all comes down to spin, media, and by and large, an ill informed electorate who are dumb and happy - as most of them should be, I guess, compared to most of the rest of the world.

To illustrate the dumb and happy point,in the context of greenhouse gasses, ask most how long it has been since people could walk to Moreton Island. Then how long since they could walk to Tasmania. And then ask how long Tim Flannery says it is has been since Birmingham in England was covered in rather a lot of ice (Future Eaters).

And then there are those who believe in a cause. The most dangerous of all, in my view.

Silver
24th April 2011, 02:21 AM
Is it just me or is the majority of the Aussie population starting to get REALLY pee'd off with those cretins in Canberra.

What happened to the good pollies who wanted what was best for Australia. They had to make hard and unpopular decisions in the past but they could stand up proud and say "yeah, we know it sucks but we did our research and it might cost us a guernsey at election time but its going to benefit us all".

Come election time it usually turned out they were right and they got another crack but this current shower of sh1t on both sides of the house haven't got a bl00dy clue.

Ever since world war two Australia has generally prospered and pretty much been the envy of the world albiet a hiccup or two along the way but the last couple of years... Holy Moley what a pack of drongos.

Sure in the past 60 years the pollies played their games but when the chips were down on the big issues at least they tried to show they had sufficient intelligence to run a chook raffle. I think the Australian Political Parties (all of them) have gotten so bad that anyone worth their salt doesn't want to be associated with them.

Some of the leading players are deadset certifiable... Swan, Joyce, Katter, Windsor, Brown

You don't tax the rrse off the miners - you get them to spend twice as much capital as you were going to tax them on building infrastructure. They'll fall all over 'emselves to oblige and do it quicker cheaper and better than any Gov't Project and the infrastructure then benefits all Australia.

You don't bring in a Carbon Tax solely to stay in power (Julias own words "we (Liberal) are against the Carbon Tax but its introduction is a requirement of our agreement with the the Greens) when everyone knows in its current form it is totally flawed.

You don't blow billions of dollars in the future fund when even the Public are yelling at you to save the money we can ride out the GFC it'll hurt a bit but not as much as trying to get the money back and now they reckon they can do it in ONE budget !!!!

I wouldn't mind taxing the miners in the same way Norway has done. that way there will be some $$$ when the mining has finished, unless of course the pollies p#$#$# it up against the wall. As for greenhouse gas taxes, don't start me :-)

Since we are on this kind of topic, will the major benefit of the NBN be movies on demand and profits for whoever sells them?

Maxhead
24th April 2011, 08:08 AM

I didn't know what to make out of this thread when I saw the subject...lol

Nicely said mate. It's about time this lot got a good kick up the arse to wake them up!!!

Unfortunately, show ponys and not decision makers are a way of the future

nowoolies
24th April 2011, 10:35 AM

now all we gotta do is get you in power EVIL for primeminster lol

gec
24th April 2011, 06:11 PM
ET for PM :Yahoo!: ps Wanted the smilie waving the Aussie flag but it wouldnt work.