PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

ausibatla
21st November 2016, 02:35 PM
G'day fellas, just a few words to let you know a bit about myself and my 1994 Nissan Patrol (TD42 - Y60) ute.
I upgraded from my old 1978 3.3L Patrol a while back and while my '94 model is in mint condition considering it
has done 400,000+kms. I got from a family member but don't know when it was last serviced. Somebody told
me it will cost about $800 to get it done so it looks like I'll be doing it myself.
I have ridden, restored and raced motorcycles for 55 years and know a little bit about them but haven't had much
to do with 4x4 diesels.
I'll have to find and download an article or manual about servicing a '94 Patrol and once I get around to having a
go at it I'll probably be asking you blokes some questions.
Will now try and upload a couple of photo's. Don't know if it will work. It didn't.Cheers,
ausibatla.
:D

Touses
21st November 2016, 02:45 PM
G'day bloke , welcome! Thanks for the informative intro. Questions re the patrol cheerfully, sometimes sensibly, answered! :D

AB
21st November 2016, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

4bye4
21st November 2016, 05:02 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

threedogs
21st November 2016, 05:27 PM
Hello great intro,, welcome to the forum plenty of GQ knowledge here
ask away nothing is considered silly, most of all enjoy yourself

Dhuck
21st November 2016, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MB
21st November 2016, 08:30 PM
Welcome aboard mate!
Ute pics to come, now you're talking, GOLD :-)

tx5_brent
23rd November 2016, 03:08 PM
G'day, you're probably gonna need a little more oil for the patrol than the bike, but should be a fairly similar process, maybe even a bit easier than some bikes.

Cheers,
Brent.

ausibatla
23rd November 2016, 07:43 PM
Tried to upload a couple of photo's but couldn't do it.
Would appreciate some advice form someone who knows what
they're doing.
Cheers.
:cheers:

DX grunt
23rd November 2016, 08:15 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Great to have another Sandgroper on here. There's a dedicated Nissan Patrol Club in WA called Western Patrol Club Inc.

There are a few of us on here that are members on there. The go driving around your area and down south a fair bit, so feel free to sus it out.

I'm in the Merredin area and don't get to as many meetings or outings as I'd like.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Jande
24th November 2016, 09:33 PM
Hi I am from Finland,
i make ve pump mods and repairs.