PDA

View Full Version : MudRhino TMR Forum has been Turned Off

MudRunnerTD
21st November 2016, 12:18 PM
Well its a Sad day. I was an active member of TMR (Team MudRhino) forum for a number of years and the place was pumping back in the day. Lots of guys building great cars doing trips and competing in events. It had a Huge library of builds and tech info and had The Best for Sale section for kool stuff.

When Facebook went nuts TMR came to a halt fast. The traffic just stopped. Lots of guys went into private groups and chats and kept that traffic to themselves. TMR Admins made a post on Facebook only a week ago that they intended to turn it off. From that a new FB Closed group for TMR sprung up with no less than 100 members already. hopefully as a Group they can remain connected.

As of This day the MudRhino Forum has been shut down and turned off. All links are gone and Information removed. Very sad day. Imagine if this place and its library just vanished!

The message. FB is great. Face Book is bloody shallow though. No continuity, no Build threads, no search ability. Its full of idiots with attitude. You can find a very fast answer, it may not be right...... you will see the same question over and over, much worse than here.

What we have here at Nissanpatrol.com.au is extraordinary, don't loose sight of that. Drift in and out if you like but don't forget that the blokes you drive with now, they guys you call your friends and your social group, look around, did they meet you here?

I know I've met some bloody great people here, this is my social group, its a shame there are a few members missing that it would be great to see on these pages more often but i aint going anywhere

Thanks Nissanpatrol.com.au

Your a Keeper.

Winnie
21st November 2016, 12:41 PM
Great post Darren, such a shame about Mudrhino.
I bought my Patrol through the "for sale" section on that forum.

lucus30
21st November 2016, 02:49 PM
It's a bummer they had some great build threads, guides etc

I used them all the time

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

taslucas
21st November 2016, 03:01 PM
Can you link me up with Facebook? 😝

>>>tappin from tassie

dom14
26th November 2016, 11:59 AM
facebook is ok for social networking, but lacks any real facilities that a forum engine can support.
I guess there are costs involved running a forum that somebody has to pay. When the traffic and advertising is
not there to support, forum owners won't have a choice. They either need to think outside the box and come up
with a solution to keep the forum going or take the less painful path of tagging with facebook or similar engine for free. I hope at least they can find a way to upload some of the technical threads to a free engine.

I have my faith in this forum. Members are respectful and forgiving of each other which makes forum admins job not so difficult.
Members are self disciplined and giving and caring as much as they can, which means nissanpatrol.com.au
is for long term.

Clunk
26th November 2016, 01:36 PM
facebook is ok for social networking, but lacks any real facilities that a forum engine can support.
I guess there are costs involved running a forum that somebody has to pay. When the traffic and advertising is
not there to support, forum owners won't have a choice. They either need to think outside the box and come up
with a solution to keep the forum going or take the less painful path of tagging with facebook or similar engine for free. I hope at least they can find a way to upload some of the technical threads to a free engine.

I have my faith in this forum. Members are respectful and forgiving of each other which makes forum admins job not so difficult.
Members are self disciplined and giving and caring as much as they can, which means nissanpatrol.com.au
is for long term.
Facebook is shit and you talk bollox [emoji12] [emoji8]

mudnut
26th November 2016, 02:34 PM

is for long term.

And then there's Clunk....

mudski
26th November 2016, 03:41 PM
Says the king of bollox talking.....

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

dom14
26th November 2016, 03:57 PM

Agreed about facebook, but I have to take back what I said about members being respectful. :tease:

Hey, if I talk bollox, that makes two of us. :harhar:

dom14
26th November 2016, 04:01 PM
And then there's Clunk....

Yeah, but I'm the one who made sense. :D

Clunk's started his weekend beer festival too early.:xxxx: :biggrin:

Clunk
26th November 2016, 06:44 PM
Says the king of bollox talking.....

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

oh I'm from the king, looks whos got more posts

Clunk
26th November 2016, 06:46 PM
Agreed about facebook, but I have to take back what I said about members being respectful. :tease:

Hey, if I talk bollox, that makes two of us. :harhar:

Yeah, but I'm the one who made sense. :D

Clunk's started his weekend beer festival too early.:xxxx: :biggrin:
But I don't drink

dom14
26th November 2016, 07:41 PM
But I don't drink

Says it all. :D
You need to start drinking, drink a lot for a while like there's no tomorrow, then quit cold turkey.
Somebody told me that makes a person as wise as Moses. :clownredpuff:

dom14
26th November 2016, 08:00 PM
Apparently, they are trying.

http://teammudrhino.informe.com/index.php

Sprock
26th July 2017, 01:13 AM
MudRunnerTD your opening statement is exactly what we were talking about on Saturday night .

AB
5th October 2017, 05:50 PM
MudRunnerTD

MB
5th October 2017, 06:21 PM
Are we talking a retrieval of lost knowledge

AB
5th October 2017, 06:26 PM
Are we talking a retrieval of lost knowledge

Yep old mate was going to touch base to see if we can host their data as there is a lot of good diy mods and a wealth of patrol knowledge for us which is gone.

It may be all gone now though, the owners may have deleted the database not sure, just giving Dazz a bump...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
5th October 2017, 06:33 PM
Try ...... search mate, founders details should still be listed hopefully.
EDIT : ASIO acronym insert, not really :-)

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2017, 08:46 PM
Sorry AB. I will send a on to Evan who owns the database and see if we can work something out.

MudRunnerTD
5th October 2017, 09:17 PM
Yep old mate was going to touch base to see if we can host their data as there is a lot of good diy mods and a wealth of patrol knowledge for us which is gone.

It may be all gone now though, the owners may have deleted the database not sure, just giving Dazz a bump...

AB check your FB Messenger. I have created a group chat with you, me and Ev who owns it. Bit of a chat there already. Watch this space gents.

AB
6th October 2017, 05:52 AM
Thanks mate would be a shame to lose all that so fingers crossed.

the evil twin
6th October 2017, 09:24 AM
Says it all. :D
You need to start drinking, drink a lot for a while like there's no tomorrow, then quit cold turkey.
Somebody told me that makes a person as wise as Moses. :clownredpuff:

Almost right... I am much wiser than Moses, my Liver still works sort of and I don't have to go back everywhere I was last night and apologise