PDA

View Full Version : GQ electric window.

Pete71
17th November 2016, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone, my drivers electric window has packed it in. Was intermittent for a while, a good whack on the door card would get it going again. Now it's up and no amount of persuasion on the door will get it to budge. I opened the card and all the wiring looks sweet but the pins in the black module are loose. Could this be the problem? If so can I get a replacement part?
The wife wants it fixed..... Dunno why..... It's only been broken for 4 years......
Any suggestions much appreciated

billyj
17th November 2016, 06:09 PM
yep its the little black module, replacements are over priced but ill let oyu in on the secret, all you need is a soldering iron, solder and a staedy hand to fix it.

remove the black module and carefully open it up and remove the circut board, next closely inspect all the solder joints on the back side of it for any that look cracked(there will be a few hence your problem) resolder the offending joints and refit.

its that easy, last time mine went it was about 15mins total to have it all stripped fixed and reassembled

Pete71
17th November 2016, 06:52 PM
HA! That's gold.... Just finished speaking to a guy who used to own a patrol and he told me the same thing.
Thanks for the quick reply Billyj. I've got the gear to fix that so I'll have a crack on the weekend. I'm sure I'll be looking for a few more repair tips some time soon.

Pete71
18th November 2016, 06:24 PM
BOOM! Windows fixed... Cheers mate