PDA

View Full Version : Running lighting wire for 3/4 roof rack

ijjm87i
17th November 2016, 07:24 AM
First post.

Anyone got pictures/ideas that they have run cables for cables up the barn doors preferably without drilling. Rear mounted 3/4 rack with a single rack for the front spottie. Didnt want to run the entire loom up the snorkle for the 3 at the back. Got a bit of an idea how I am gonna do it just seeing it there are better ideas than mine

Cheers

proscott33
26th January 2017, 01:41 PM
Did you have any luck with this ijjm87i ?

FNqGu04
27th January 2017, 10:40 AM
I was reading on a forum ,that you can buy a bolt with a hole in the center so you can run a wire through it .
It was holding the spare tyre on the right hand door ,but their light was mounted to the spare wheel carrier .
Hope that helps .

Craig

threedogs
27th January 2017, 10:43 AM
I was reading on a forum ,that you can buy a bolt with a hole in the center so you can run a wire through it .
It was holding the spare tyre on the right hand door ,but their light was mounted to the spare wheel carrier .
Hope that helps .

Craig

The bolt you mention would me a 10mm x 1.25 pitch eash enough to drill a holl down the middle.
They drilled 3/16th hole under my rear wheel bracket and fitted a 1/8th rubber grommet.
Loving the hole in the bolt though.

mudski
27th January 2017, 05:50 PM
First post.

Anyone got pictures/ideas that they have run cables for cables up the barn doors preferably without drilling. Rear mounted 3/4 rack with a single rack for the front spottie. Didnt want to run the entire loom up the snorkle for the 3 at the back. Got a bit of an idea how I am gonna do it just seeing it there are better ideas than mine

Cheers

threedogs
28th January 2017, 09:04 AM
I tried running a wire in through the rear door but found the
water would "wick" down the cable and into the cargo area

Skitzyrex
28th January 2017, 01:45 PM
I know you said without drilling but this is what I did. Never had a problem with water getting in. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/01/152.jpg

johno90
31st January 2017, 09:01 PM
Gland fittings..... ive got 2 on my roof and have never leaked or rusted if installed properly. You can also use bulkhead detchus fittings but thats $$$$

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk