PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne the place to be!

AB
14th November 2016, 07:11 PM
So we have the Super Moon supposed to be happening right now and good Ol Melbourne overcast, not a blue sky to be seen!!!!

Once in 70 year cycle, Kids are devo...lol
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/technology/science/space/supermoon-which-will-look-brighter-and-larger-than-any-moon-for-68-years-to-pass-by-earth-on-14-november/news-story/5e98acb44565e5c2ac5b1445bf5ead7c?client=safari

Plasnart
14th November 2016, 07:27 PM
Yeah pity. It's cloudy but they're thin down here in Geelong at the moment so maybe we'll get a glimpse?

I remember dad got us up at 3am some time in 1986 when Halley's Comet came past. He was explaining how it only comes past once every 76 years or so, how rare and amazing it was, just look at that tail, how spectacular, etc etc.

Now I'm exactly the same, but at the time I said.......Can I go back to bed now??

LOL kids.

AB
14th November 2016, 07:34 PM
Yeah pity. It's cloudy but they're thin down here in Geelong at the moment so maybe we'll get a glimpse? I remember dad got us up at 3am some time in 1986 when Halley's Comet came past. He was explaining how it only comes past once every 76 years or so, how rare and amazing it was, just look at that tail, how spectacular, etc etc. Now I'm exactly the same, but at the time I said.......Can I go back to bed now?? LOL kids. Yeah my old man dragged us all the way up to Mt Buller to see Halley's Comet away from the city lights, I wasn't too enthusiastic at the time either...lol...bloody kids!!!

nissannewby
14th November 2016, 07:50 PM
Perfect night here in good ole QLD :p

PeeBee
14th November 2016, 08:46 PM
Yeah my old man dragged us all the way up to Mt Buller to see Halley's Comet away from the city lights, I wasn't too enthusiastic at the time either...lol...bloody kids!!!

We were out camping and dragged ourselves out of the tent to look at a faint smear in the sky. I remember stupidly expecting to 'hear something' - I know totally daft and too many movies. Was totally underwhelmed and knackered for the remainder of that day!

Clunk
15th November 2016, 01:05 AM
You didn't miss anything

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/129.jpg

mudnut
15th November 2016, 10:28 AM
I actually got to see the supermoon. Sokay, but couldn't stop howling though.