PDA

View Full Version : Unfu**ingbelievble

Cuppa
13th November 2016, 01:23 PM
No shame. No care.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-08/oil-and-gas-exploration-tenement-declared-over-kimberley-parks/8005656

mudnut
13th November 2016, 02:45 PM
Can't say much as I was shut down about Onshore gas, but welcome to the new age.

bazzaboy
13th November 2016, 03:08 PM
Stupid Australian Government is allowing exploration in Nation Parks, State Forests, and various other areas for future Fracking sites, while the rest of the world has now realized that is not a great idea. Stupidity. No pubic consultation or consideration of their views and concerns. It's about how many dollars can be made for politicians and Governments. This is why the American public voted in a wealthy business man and not a politician. I think our politicians need to be careful, our people are also fed up. Maybe time for a change of power here too.

Boinzo
13th November 2016, 03:44 PM
"National" park is a misnomer. All national parks are declared, gazetted and managed by State Governments (except for Uluru-Kata Tjuta). So the WA Gov. is at fault here. That's not to say it's not stupid. Just making sure people know exactly where to direct their rage on this one!
I'm amazed any government would allow this to proceed. Perhaps the feds will intervene (Franklin Dam style). I hope so.
I'm not sure electing a angry hateful sexist would help solve these kinds of problems tho! But yes - people are over feeling like their concerns are being ignored!

Stupid Australian Government is allowing exploration in Nation Parks, State Forests, and various other areas for future Fracking sites, while the rest of the world has now realized that is not a great idea. Stupidity. No pubic consultation or consideration of their views and concerns. It's about how many dollars can be made for politicians and Governments. This is why the American public voted in a wealthy business man and not a politician. I think our politicians need to be careful, our people are also fed up. Maybe time for a change of power here too.

threedogs
13th November 2016, 04:19 PM
Aust has hundreds and hundreds of National Parks the good old US of A have very few [59]

WHY

Boinzo
13th November 2016, 04:46 PM
Because in the US national parks ARE national. They have hundreds and hundreds of other similar conservation areas like "National Monument" areas, BLF reserves etc.

Aust has hundreds and hundreds of National Parks the good old US of A have very few [59]

WHY

Sir Roofy
13th November 2016, 05:40 PM
Very interesting but the traditional owners haven't said yay or nay yet $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cuppa
13th November 2016, 10:59 PM
It was traditional Owners in Fitzroy Crossing who alerted me to the news article Roofy, & they most certainly don’t want their country fracked. Trouble is, when push comes to shove, if the miners want to move from exploration to extraction, the WA government has a record of trying to divide traditional owners in the Kimberley & when that fails changing laws to override their rights & take their voice away.

MB
14th November 2016, 12:50 AM
Time to suit up Cuppa, make a difference mate !

mudnut
14th November 2016, 01:01 AM
They're mounting legal challenges to the bans here in Vic. "Who can stand in the way when there is a dollar to be made?" Midnight Oil.

MB
14th November 2016, 01:06 AM
Time to suit up Cuppa, make a difference mate !

macca
14th November 2016, 07:24 AM
And this too

https://www.facebook.com/larissawaters/photos/a.420965439098.199305.149009814098/10154699467029099/?type=3&theater