PDA

View Full Version : Why is this so?

Wizard52
7th November 2016, 10:39 AM
One afternoon while on recent trip to the west and crossing many dirt roads, was camped somewhere having a quiet beer or two and noticed this unusual sight.

All 4 wheels were the same--centres around wheel nuts were clean but rest of the wheel was covered with dirt. This was not a one off but occurred regularly and not necessarily when wheels were wet or dry.

Obviously standard ute wheels and 265/75/16 Bridgestone 697's

Might have to ask Dr Karl.

Hodge
7th November 2016, 12:36 PM
Could have something to do with the fact, that the clean white bit around the nuts is a more "flat" bit of the wheel, where as the rest is angled outwards like a bowl and is prone to picking up more sticky dirt ?
Also as the wheel is spinning the nuts may be dispersing / getting rid of the dirt around that area before it sticks.
Just a quick brain storm answer there mate.

Maxhead
7th November 2016, 12:45 PM
I think Mr Nissan designed the wheel like that so when you have a flat and need to take the wheel off, you wouldn't get your wheel wrench dirty :) Ok Ok maybe not...LOL

Sir Roofy
7th November 2016, 02:19 PM
I think Mr Nissan designed the wheel like that so when you have a flat and need to take the wheel off, you wouldn't get your wheel wrench dirty :) Ok Ok maybe not...LOL

There sprayed with a dirt repellent wont allow it to stick

Mike02Ti
7th November 2016, 04:41 PM
Maybe the wheel nuts create a vortex or pressure wave/barrier of some sort when your going, as they protrude out a bit, and that is what repels the dust.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

4bye4
7th November 2016, 05:13 PM
Flux capacitor, thats what it will be.

Irish
7th November 2016, 05:59 PM
Vibration from the studs?

gaddy
7th November 2016, 07:27 PM
Disconnect the battery for 37.5 minutes, clean the maff exactly 5.2 minutes later and the dust will reappear 😉

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk