PDA

View Full Version : G'day after advice on GU

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 02:18 PM
Hi All,
I have just been reading about issues with the 3ltr GU engine and looks like there are many people on this forum that know a lot about these issues and I would appreciate your advise, I have a 2008 GU and have not yet done anything to stop it blowing up. I have a work car for day to day driving mainly use my GU for towing and 4wding/ camping, got it at 60Km now done 105Km.

1, Can you suggest best catch cans - i have recently been advised the plastic ones from Germany that are brought into Aust by Flash Lube are the best.
2, to stop boost spikes best to add a dawes valve set up, can you advise which ones are the best
3, Blanking off EGR, is it best to have a small hole in it to stop engine lights
4, What is a good EGT gauge that you can set up a warning temperature, i have seen redarc but big $$, also need a boost gauge so i can set up dawes to match.
5, are any of the EBay after market intercoolers good as i believe Cross Country is the best but big $$ again, but you do generally get what you pay for.

Thanks appreciate all advise

Tim

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 02:30 PM
mudski can probably sort you out for most of your list mate.

Touses
3rd November 2016, 02:43 PM
G'day bloke, welcome!

4bye4
3rd November 2016, 03:34 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

1, Can you suggest best catch cans - i have recently been advised the plastic ones from Germany that are brought into Aust by Flash Lube are the best.
many opinions on that one, i have a cheap one modified. It works OK
2, to stop boost spikes best to add a dawes valve set up, can you advise which ones are the best @mudski
3, Blanking off EGR, is it best to have a small hole in it to stop engine lights 2008 CRD - probably need a hole
4, What is a good EGT gauge that you can set up a warning temperature, i have seen redarc but big $$, also need a boost gauge so i can set up dawes to match.Redarc dual EGT and boost regardless of price. or a scangauge
5, are any of the EBay after market intercoolers good as i believe Cross Country is the best but big $$ again, but you do generally get what you pay for. You said it "but you do generally get what you pay for"

Cuppa
3rd November 2016, 03:38 PM
I’m not a 3 litre man, others will better advise you on them. Just thought I’d mention that Redarc have a combined egt & boost gauge. Very easy to read. One of those quality items which you continue to enjoy long after the pain in the wallet has subsided.

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 04:19 PM
Thanks for advice all, Mudski you have Dawes Valves ? how do i see what you have sorry new at this Forum stuff

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 04:20 PM
the Redarc look great, think i might just have to just spend the money to get the good ones, also can anyone recommend somewhere to get the 3lts GU dyno tuned in Adelaide, i heard Morpowa can do it ?

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 04:25 PM
Cuppa, what is the little button for om your pillar pod ?

Avo
3rd November 2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks for advice all, Mudski you have Dawes Valves ? how do i see what you have sorry new at this Forum stuff

yeah mate mudski you'll find in the vendor section as Northern4x4 you'll also find his site on ebay...just shoot him a pm easy to deal with and very helpful....and welcome to the forum....

click on this link http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?150-Northern-4x4

Dhuck
3rd November 2016, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 08:14 PM
yeah mate mudski you'll find in the vendor section as Northern4x4 you'll also find his site on ebay...just shoot him a pm easy to deal with and very helpful....and welcome to the forum....

click on this link http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?150-Northern-4x4

Thanks Avo, have sent him a MSG, cheers

Tim Turbo
3rd November 2016, 08:21 PM
Thanks Avo i have sent him a MSG

Corsta0211
6th November 2016, 12:37 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find what you need here.