PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Glen

Dowie
3rd November 2016, 08:55 AM
Hi all from Glen in Melbourne.
Just got my 2005 4.2 few days ago in wagon form.
Keen to learn as much as i can . Gong to be setup as family tourer.
Cheers.

Touses
3rd November 2016, 09:15 AM
G'day bloke, welcome!

4bye4
3rd November 2016, 10:16 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
3rd November 2016, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Corsta0211
6th November 2016, 12:35 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

AB
6th November 2016, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

i_am_swanny
9th November 2016, 09:24 PM
hello and welcome

threedogs
10th November 2016, 08:08 AM
Hi Glen and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy

Dowie
17th January 2017, 12:05 PM
hi. quick question.
i had gauges fitted over the weekend. one of them is water sensor. on my thermostat i have 2 sensors fitted from factory. my auto elec used a larger blank next to those to fit new sensor.

he then tested both, and compared to factory sensor using ecu talk ? they are different by 6-7C. the higher the temps, the larger the temp difference between them.
sensors supposedy work off resistance, the higher the temps, the higher the resistance, in turn a higher temp is displayed at the gauge end.
so he he wasnt happy with results , and the factory sensor and redarc sensor were taken out and tested on bench in hot water and on bench both showed equal or near equal readings... once refited to car the temp difference widened again.

he suggested there may be resistance in the redarc loom from sensor to the control box. thus the difference between the factory reading and then redarc gauge reading.
i dont want to fork out 60 bucks for another sensor and/or loom.

my question is, if the 2 wire (green/black) cable from sensor to control box was damaged or kinked, could this cause a slightly higher resistance and there fore higher reading at control box end?

age has the better off me, and so has my aching back. i cant crawl under and over the car to invstigate so the mechanics and elecs have me by the knackers for labour work.

apologies for grammar , typing this off the tablet. car is a td42 intercooled.

tom_smith01
20th January 2017, 08:22 PM
Hello

I am also from Melbourne.

As per my profile, I'm the happy owner of an RB30 turbo GQ. Plenty of members live in and around Victoria.

Shiftyshep
24th January 2017, 03:40 AM
Welcome mate Lots of good info here!!!