PDA

View Full Version : Water injection on N/A

Jarvo88
28th October 2016, 11:41 PM
G'day guys I recently purchased a gq and it came with a spare motor which has some water injection system on it. The guy could tell me much about it I've heard of menthol/water injection on forced injection cars but never on n/a motor. It's plumbe up to the radiator pipes and enters from the exhaust port side . I removed the exhaust manifold the see if it was just cooling exhaust gasses but it's not it must be running through the head..
any info would be good
Cheers guys I'll get some pics up soon

nissannewby
31st October 2016, 08:00 PM
I would more than likely say, from your description, it is a coolant rail mod not water injection.

Jarvo88
11th November 2016, 01:08 AM
I would more than likely say, from your description, it is a coolant rail mod not water injection.

Is it worth keeping or just plug the holes or a new head

mudski
11th November 2016, 08:28 AM

Is it worth keeping or just plug the holes or a new head

If its what Mat has said I have this mod on my Patrol, but mine is on the inlet side. Its just supposed to help circulate coolant flow around the cylinder head to eliminate the dead spots of coolant flow. It won't give you lower coolant temps on the gauge but if you have it, why not use it? Or clean it up and sell it.