PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Closures 2016 extended in some areas

MudRunnerTD
28th October 2016, 07:18 PM
Hi guys,

This weekend is set for the end of Seasonal Closures but due to a very wet winter there are many tracks that will remain closed.

Check this link http://m.parkweb.vic.gov.au/safety/closures/seasonal-road-closures2?original_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fparkweb.v ic.gov.au%2Fsafety%2Fclosures%2Fseasonal-road-closures2&asset_id=

If your heading away this weekend have a great time but take care, it will be very busy on the tracks.

AB
28th October 2016, 07:25 PM
Went into town today at lunch (Yarra Glen) being the gateway for 4wders and it was carnage, 2 out of 3 vehicles on the road were loaded up heading out.

Rossco
28th October 2016, 07:30 PM
Yeah came home the long way round through wittlesea and over kinglake. Once i hit the melba was a constant stream. . . Kinda makes me glad I'm not going away on a long weekend. . . It's being pretty busy everywhere now.

Winnie
28th October 2016, 07:30 PM
Went into town today at lunch (Yarra Glen) being the gateway for 4wders and it was carnage, 2 out of 3 vehicles on the road were loaded up heading out.
It's the same down here, the highway was out of control this arvo

MB
28th October 2016, 07:56 PM
Good luck to all adventurers this long weekend. Stay safe folks and swap your tyres over after Maaansfield !
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_the_gauntlet

Bush Ranger
28th October 2016, 08:06 PM

Yarra Glen sounds like a bottle of wine.

MudRunnerTD
28th October 2016, 08:35 PM
Yarra Glen sounds like a bottle of wine.

Gateway to the Yarra Valley Wine District

MB
28th October 2016, 08:52 PM
Lovely place, except for all those damn 5:30am balloon rides. Been busted many a time in me jocks outside draining last nights fluids. Although it does give the paying passengers something to 'giggle at' whilst their Captain near clips my tree tops when sinking into the valley below :-( !

jay see
28th October 2016, 11:07 PM
Lovely place, except for all those damn 5:30am balloon rides. Been busted many a time in me jocks outside draining last nights fluids. Although it does give the paying passengers something to 'giggle at' whilst their Captain near clips my tree tops when sinking into the valley below :-( !
Ahhh, your a funny bloke.

Can just see it.
One hand holding the old fella and the other waving to the onlookers with a smoke in the month. Lol

Hodge
29th October 2016, 06:30 AM
Freeways were out of control yesterday.
I also spoke to a guy from delwp few days ago and as far as he is concerned, all of seasonally closed high country should have remained shut! They are overloaded with fallen trees, water logged tracks etc.
In other news, their new Mercedes utes look really good.

Bacho86
29th October 2016, 09:01 AM
Just stopping in Yarra glen for coffee, highway patrol and the sherif office or DOJ have got an inspection point just before the railway line with a camera set up in the hwy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bush Ranger
29th October 2016, 07:29 PM

So yarra willy out.

MB
29th October 2016, 11:33 PM
It appears our Mexican website has been updated recently folks?
http://m.parkweb.vic.gov.au/safety/closures/seasonal-road-closures2?original_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fparkweb.v ic.gov.au%2Fsafety%2Fclosures%2Fseasonal-road-closures2&asset_id=
Previously I believe the closure extension on 'some' tracks was mid November now pushed out to mid December for valid reasons I'm sure!

MB
29th October 2016, 11:47 PM
Am I 'losing the plot' Daz or can identical web links/feeds thingos change words/dates?

Sprock
30th October 2016, 10:19 AM
Heading home on Friday the traffic going nth on the Melba hwy was insane , I come out near Molesworth & head sth . About lunchtime there was a 4 car pile up on Merton gap & then truck ran into it aswell ( ALLEDGEDLY) . With the volume of traffic going nth they would've been banked back to Yarck I reckon , I turn left at Yarra Glen & head to Healesville- the traffic going nth never let up .

Sprock
30th October 2016, 10:26 AM
I'm a bit excited because as the seasonal track closures are finished this weekend , now we don't have to open and close the gate into our bush track every load . Pull up, get out and open the gate, drive the truck through, walk back & shut the gate and then drive into the bush and load, then come back out , stop and open the gate , drive through , stop , walk back & close the gate , etc etc . Probly seems trivial but it's a pain in the arse . + I'm anal about dust getting inside the truck so I pull up & sit there till ALL the dust settles or if I'm lucky & there's a breeze it blows away otherwise it just lingers but often I'm pressed for time so have to jump straight out into the dust cloud 😩 Been doing this 2-3 times a day for the last 2 months since we started back in the bush 😤

BillsGU
30th October 2016, 02:39 PM
Dust? You have found somewhere in Victoria where there is dust at the moment? You lucky, lucky bastard! What I wouldn't give for a nose full of dust!! I'll swap you for all the mud and muck around here .....................................