PDA

View Full Version : Measuring a lift is it 3" or 4" ?

BrianwynnGQ_Shorty
23rd October 2016, 12:30 PM
Hey all I am only new to this forum so sorry if I am double posting or not using the correct section, I have recently purchased a TD42 SWB Maverick, (I know it's a nissan not a ford) just wondering how I determine the height of the suspension lift it has in it (the previous owner was unsure) I am in the market for some Big 0 dropped radius arms but first need to confirm the lift height, do I simply park on a level surface with the same psi in all tyres and measure from the ground to the guard and compare to stock height ? what is stock height ? cheers for all info, any help greatly appreciated does it affect the measurement having 33"X12.5 tyres on there ??

Clunk
23rd October 2016, 12:52 PM
If you can find the part numbers stamped/etched into the springs, then you could search google

BrianwynnGQ_Shorty
23rd October 2016, 05:03 PM
I will have a look mate I should be able to as I can see the bit where it says king springs, thank you for the advice.

BrianwynnGQ_Shorty
23rd October 2016, 07:07 PM
coils part number kdfr-42sp3 (front) and kdfr-43sp3 (rear) I believe this to be a 3" lift

MB
23rd October 2016, 08:44 PM
G'day Brian, There is a weight/height stop within 30 clicks of a little country town called Maaansfield ! Full techo blokes; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/249.jpg All jokes aside, please do keep your shorty down 'low' & 'slow' old mate, been bitten meeself :-) !
Edit: Sorry Brian, just realised you're in QLD mate nowhere near our VIC high country boys in blue with their bent tape measures! Safe travels!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk