PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts on gu 3 not retracting

Pete's GU3
22nd April 2011, 10:37 AM
Hi people . is it common for the front seat belts on the GU not to retract properly , mine dont seem to slip n slide nice and easy and get stuck in the door when you get out.

Any tips how to fix before i start to dismantle the trim , i was thinking maybe WD40 the mechanism or something....?????

Bob
22nd April 2011, 10:54 AM
Wash the Belt with Warm Soapy Water and Dry Off. Also where the Belt goes through the top Fitting it gets clogged. Get some Sandpaper and slide through the Fitting and Sandpaper it until the belt goes through the Fitting easily. That worked for me when getting a Roadworthy

Pete's GU3
22nd April 2011, 06:23 PM
thanks Bob , i'll give it a try over the weekend see how it goes ...!!!

Maxhead
22nd April 2011, 06:33 PM
I think it's just a Patrol belt mate. Mines the same on both sides and couple of mates with GU4&5 are same.

big_fletch
22nd April 2011, 06:39 PM
My troll does same thing, tried your idea Bob and worked well..
Worth a crack guys if you have the same problem

Maxhead
22nd April 2011, 06:54 PM
My troll does same thing, tried your idea Bob and worked well..
Worth a crack guys if you have the same problem

Definitely going to give it a try.. I get the shits every time it jams up in the door...arrrhhhh

big_fletch
22nd April 2011, 06:56 PM
Definitely going to give it a try.. I get the shits every time it jams up in the door...arrrhhhh

How bloody annoyed do you get when you close the door, go to put the seatbelt on and its jammed in the creaking door.... Aaahhhhhh

NIZZBITS
26th April 2011, 12:30 PM
There is a bit of a fix for this if it is getting caught where it slides through the top buckle. Nissan have a kit which is basically a wire to clean the slot out and some stuff like clear contact. You clean all the crap out of the slot and stick this clear contact stuff on the buckle slot to help the belt slide through. It's not fantastic but it is pretty good usually. About $14 per belt for the kit.

YNOT
26th April 2011, 12:36 PM
There is a bit of a fix for this if it is getting caught where it slides through the top buckle. Nissan have a kit which is basically a wire to clean the slot out and some stuff like clear contact. You clean all the crap out of the slot and stick this clear contact stuff on the buckle slot to help the belt slide through. It's not fantastic but it is pretty good usually. About $14 per belt for the kit.

Thanks for that, what's the part number?

Tony

gaellun
13th June 2012, 05:17 PM
Guys it happens on the GU 4 series as well. It is a known issue by Nissan and most mechanics around the country.
I am on my secon seat belt 9Replaced under warranty) but Nissan have not got the hint yet that this is a major safety issue. As mine stand at the moment I would not get a pink slip if the mechanic tested the belts. They become worse over time.

There is no way to adjust them and apart from the other suggestions not much you can do except look for after market seat belts.