PDA

View Full Version : leaking gu steering box

Steve Watson
9th October 2016, 11:35 AM
Help anyone!!!
Just done a steering box conversion from a GU now it leaking out of the adjustment screw.
Hope its a easy fix?
:furious::xxxx:;)

Rossco
9th October 2016, 12:07 PM
Hey mate i had a new (reco) box put in mine (GQ) cos the old one was leaking. The new one absolutly pissed out so went to the bloke that supplied it and he replaced an o ring just under the adjuster, was a 2 min job. Thought it was all good now is pissing out again (not as bad) so have to take it back again (Grrrr). Aparently there's the oring and a copper washer that are the usual culprits if it leaks from there. Hopefully you have better luck than mine.

Steve Watson
9th October 2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks Rossco
Do you have to take the top off too get to Oring?
?

Rossco
9th October 2016, 08:53 PM
TBH didn't look too closely when the bloke did it was very quick tho probly only took him a minute or two. Think you just take the adjuster nut off definatly didnt take the whole top off.

dom14
10th October 2016, 12:58 PM
Hey mate i had a new (reco) box put in mine (GQ) cos the old one was leaking. The new one absolutly pissed out so went to the bloke that supplied it and he replaced an o ring just under the adjuster, was a 2 min job. Thought it was all good now is pissing out again (not as bad) so have to take it back again (Grrrr). Aparently there's the oring and a copper washer that are the usual culprits if it leaks from there. Hopefully you have better luck than mine.

A reconditioned unit leaking like that can't be a good thing.
Probably better to have it swapped over.