PDA

View Full Version : It's been said before ....

Bigrig
21st April 2011, 11:13 PM
But I'm going to say it again. What a top forum with a simply outstanding group of members!!!

Today as an example (and there are plenty of others that we have all experienced, but these are JUST today):

1. I've been piping on for some time about another recovery hook for the front of Tank and got involved in the banter a couple of nights ago where Silver let me know of a joint in Lawnton that sells them for a good price. Unbeknownst to me, as I said I wanted one, Silver has gone and picked this up today for me ($20) and is going to bring it to the meetup in May.
2. GUtsy ute has offered up his time to help Warnie with some welding - as usual, I jumped on board with my big gob and suggested he could train me also - which he without hesitation has said I am more than welcome at his place and he'll show me through some tips.

Let me make it clear - I have not met either of these guys, and have known them through the forum for very limited time. You are both stars!! Simple as that. Just like many others on here, and if ever I needed a reminder of why I am on this forum (usually don't, but always up for a reminder!! lol), these examples were it!!

Thank you both with every level of sincerity, and thanks to all of you out there who continue to make this place what it is!!! Sterling effort from you all !!!!

HippoNZ
21st April 2011, 11:20 PM
With on ya that mate, its the open arms and keen to help attitude that made me stick around. I would have either wasted money at a garage or the trol would still be parked up if it wasn't for all your lots help.
I doubt you'd find this elsewhere, hence why I'm so keen to protect it from potential smartasses! LMAO
Nice post mate, good to see some patting on the back for those helpfull fellas, it won't go unnoticed im sure.

Brett

Finly Owner
21st April 2011, 11:38 PM
As this forum grows so does the friend no make that MATEship grows.

Tim

Bigrig
22nd April 2011, 07:58 AM
Yep - getting some good mates on here ... that's another bonus!!!

growler2058
22nd April 2011, 07:59 AM
Watchin out for ya as mates do............shouldnt you be organising a campfire breakky and billy tea hahahahahhahahaha

Bigrig
22nd April 2011, 08:11 AM
Watchin out for ya as mates do............shouldnt you be organising a campfire breakky and billy tea hahahahahhahahaha

Haha .. Nah .. The hotel we are in seem to get shirty at having an open fire in the living room!!!! LOL!!!! Not camping this time ...

GUtsy ute
22nd April 2011, 09:52 AM
Haha .. Nah .. The hotel we are in seem to get shirty at having an open fire in the living room!!!! LOL!!!! Not camping this time ...

Another thing they aren't too impressed with is when you dig a hole in their garden bed and set up your bog tent over it!

First post noted and appreciated,thanks Scott.

Silver
22nd April 2011, 12:53 PM
Another thing they aren't too impressed with is when you dig a hole in their garden bed and set up your bog tent over it!

First post noted and appreciated,thanks Scott.

Agree with both of Gutsy Ute's comments above :-)

big_fletch
22nd April 2011, 05:25 PM
Nice post Scotty, that is why I am always on this forum.. So many honest down to earth people on here and everyone is so easy to get along with..
Can't wait to meet up with a lot of you at the 2012 meetup, looking very forward to it..
Thanks to all members for helping to make this such a great forum

Fletcha

DX grunt
23rd April 2011, 08:58 AM
Can I bring my spray-on MAMIL bike shorts to the 2012 meetup? Then you can form your opinion about me. lol

Bigrig
23rd April 2011, 09:21 AM
Can I bring my spray-on MAMIL bike shorts to the 2012 meetup? Then you can form your opinion about me. lol

lol ... Ummmm ... ok?? I think I already have though!!! lmfao!!

DX grunt
23rd April 2011, 09:24 AM
lol ... Ummmm ... ok?? I think I already have though!!! lmfao!!

What a pretty site to wake up to with a hang over, hey? lolol

HippoNZ
23rd April 2011, 01:24 PM
What a pretty site to wake up to with a hang over, hey? lolol

Be careful mate, after a few beers they might start coming on to ya! LMFAO

nowoolies
23rd April 2011, 01:37 PM
With on ya that mate, its the open arms and keen to help attitude that made me stick around. I would have either wasted money at a garage or the trol would still be parked up if it wasn't for all your lots help.
I doubt you'd find this elsewhere, hence why I'm so keen to protect it from potential smartasses! LMAO
Nice post mate, good to see some patting on the back for those helpfull fellas, it won't go unnoticed im sure.

Brett

x 2 mate without a doubt