PDA

View Full Version : no guts after rebuild

Magician
4th October 2016, 08:49 PM
Hey team just finished the rebuild on my zd30 turbo diesel di 2001 model
strangely it will rev fine but has no guts flat road 4th gear 2200 rpm = 55 k going up hilss forget about it i live bottom of mountain and couldnt get up even in second no guts under load. Any ideas ?
Also there is a bloke on here who sells nads anyone know him ? oh almost forgot alt light is on but on multimeter it is puttin charge into number one battery i disconnected number 2 battery
thanks in advance rick :blowup::mad:

Rock Trol
4th October 2016, 09:14 PM
Do you know what boost you are getting? Are all the lines connected to the turbo?

Magician
4th October 2016, 09:37 PM
giday mate i hoping my mech put em all on right .. he did say there was a small plastic thing with vac lines running in and out of it mounted near intercooler that broke and he piped around it .. i am hoping this is not some kind of boost compensator or something

mudski
4th October 2016, 10:16 PM
giday mate i hoping my mech put em all on right .. he did say there was a small plastic thing with vac lines running in and out of it mounted near intercooler that broke and he piped around it .. i am hoping this is not some kind of boost compensator or something

That would be the vacuum canister. Just remove it as they don't do anything anyway. Nissan actually stopped using them in 2002, I think it was... You need to make sure you have boost pressure. No boost equates to no guts. If it revs fine then it may be, fuel related, so injectors, pump or filter. It maybe air related, no boost, leaking intercooler, leaking IC hoses or loses clamps, or the MAF just could be dead.
First thing I'd do is check for boost. Worry about the NADs after you get it running right.
I do know of a bloke here to that sells the NADs and stuff. Can't remember his name though....

m4tho
6th October 2016, 05:55 AM
Have a look at the Tillix NADS kit. It's very easy to set and comes with instructions.

https://www.tillix.com.au/product/boost-control-kit-suit-nissan-patrol-zd30-di-crd/

Magician
6th October 2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks m4tho i got one from northern 4x4 he has a good rep