PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raiser AB blew his engine

Pages : [1] 2

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 10:37 AM
Well folks the young fella blew a big hole in the block of his TD42 and it appears to be a total loss.

Every time we do this I think "last time, not doing it again" then Roofy blew and it was a no brainer. This is again a No Brainer! Andy is one of those blokes you may only meet a couple in your life if your lucky, what a bloke!

So here we are. Yes Andy has spent some coin putting together a great package. All things considered it should have been a great jigger.

I propose we start doing some fund raising. I am happy to set aside a dormant savings account for deposits as the account we normally use is Andy's!

This car has cost the young fella Heaps and there is nothing left. He has half a house extension with no plaster so his GQ will be parked indefinitely. Years. He is done.

Line up. Let's get this done.

Bank details

Darren Thornton
063 097
1329 1376

Sir Roofy
24th September 2016, 10:43 AM
Excellent thanks Darren I haven't much but where do we send it to

Winnie
24th September 2016, 10:44 AM
I've known Andy for a few years now and I now call him one of my best mates. I want to help as much as I can with this.

Hodge
24th September 2016, 10:55 AM
Good on you Darren for initiating this.
I will only say, there is many Patrols and TD42's... But there is only one Andy !
We have done it before folks, so, we're here to do it again for the main man.

TPC
24th September 2016, 11:00 AM
Get it going Darren, happy to chip in.

BigRAWesty
24th September 2016, 11:13 AM
Was thinking this was a prank when I saw the title but then read his thread..
Shit..
I'm in..
I'll throw in some cash.
I'll try get across aswell to lend a hand..

Rossco
24th September 2016, 11:16 AM
Nice work Daz, yeah well said, this does need to be done and I'm more than happy to help chip in. Concidering what AB has done here with this place, it and we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him, yeah no brainer i reckon. .

Kimbo63
24th September 2016, 11:24 AM
Already looking forward to the donk party I'm in
chin up AB we will get you back on the track mate

mudski
24th September 2016, 11:26 AM
Sheet! Im in for sure!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Rossco
24th September 2016, 12:01 PM
Already looking forward to the donk party I'm in
chin up AB we will get you back on the track mate
Oh yeah donk party sequel. Can't wait! !

growler2058
24th September 2016, 12:05 PM
Yup IN and I will make this shindig! I wanna see Plassy fcuk up another bread making machine

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

Sprock
24th September 2016, 12:11 PM
I just got off the phone to him this morning & thought I need to contact some people to make this happen so I get on here to get hold of a few blokes & bugger me you're already all over it darren - well done 👍🏼

Rossco
24th September 2016, 12:28 PM
If there's any positives that can be made from this Andy, looks like you've got some pretty sweet souvenirs to decorate the church with. . .

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 12:30 PM
If there's any positives that can be made from this Andy, looks like you've got some pretty sweet souvenirs to decorate the church with. . .

That's Awesome!!!!! Pistons from the roof!! Crank! That's not a Crank!! Hell yeah!!

threedogs
24th September 2016, 01:02 PM
Yep I can chip in a bit when the account details are finalized

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 01:10 PM
Ok so I have actually setup a new account for this. Not sure whether to post bank details here or not? What is the standard practice?

Sir Roofy
24th September 2016, 01:23 PM
Ok so I have actually setup a new account for this. Not sure whether to post bank details here or not? What is the standard practice?

Pm details to us or put it up here

Plasnart
24th September 2016, 01:37 PM
Ill donate a breadmaker. Pm me account details mr.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 01:58 PM
Bank details added to the first post. This is a Brand New account.

nissannewby
24th September 2016, 02:09 PM
I have a short block here that may be an option. I have already spoken to andy about this.

Bacho86
24th September 2016, 03:06 PM
Another example of what a great place this is! $$ on the way, No more needs be said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish
24th September 2016, 06:16 PM
I get paid Wednesday, will chip in what I can.

Cuppa
24th September 2016, 06:44 PM
Geez the things some folk will do as an excuse to throw another pizza party. I hope serious fun was being had at the time the motor let go. Bank transfer scheduled for Monday.

TPC
24th September 2016, 08:15 PM
Have transfered, if there is another donk party I will try hard to get there.

jay see
24th September 2016, 09:00 PM
Will deposit funds early next week.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Plasnart
24th September 2016, 09:06 PM
Have transfered, if there is another donk party I will try hard to get there.

There surely must be another donk party now. If the first one was classic, the second will be legendary!! But some work required before the fun begins.

Ohh the fun we'll have.....

Clunk
24th September 2016, 09:32 PM
Far out, these things always happen at the most inopportune moment..... sorry to hear AB suck balls big time...... will chip in what I can when payday comes along in 3 weeks

taslucas
24th September 2016, 09:52 PM
That's totally sh!t news Andy! I'll chip in what I can.

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
24th September 2016, 09:59 PM
There surely must be another donk party now. If the first one was classic, the second will be legendary!! But some work required before the fun begins.

Ohh the fun we'll have.....

No the first one we don't talk about. Lol Too soon? The second was a classic, this one will be legendary....

BigRAWesty
24th September 2016, 10:06 PM
No the first one we don't talk about. Lol Too soon? The second was a classic, this one will be legendary....
Bahahahahahaha

nissannewby
24th September 2016, 10:24 PM

Only if 3dogs actually shows up.....

Plasnart
24th September 2016, 10:30 PM

Ive scrubbed that one. Roofys was the first official donk party!

And yes the second will be.....hmm....is crazy too much?

Ok, genteel and civilised.

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2016, 10:50 PM
Ok, genteel and civilised.

So no lap dances then?

Bigcol
24th September 2016, 11:57 PM
payday Thursday - will transfer what I can

Touses
25th September 2016, 07:59 AM
I'm in! Will sort it Monday from work.

DX grunt
25th September 2016, 12:07 PM
Done. One day you might see me, I mean DX grunt......in the flesh. lol.

I feel a bit guilty about not going to 'church.'

my third 256
25th September 2016, 12:39 PM
so what dates are we looking at or do we need to weight till we know what funds and parts are available
would be good for a S.A run too

my third 256
25th September 2016, 12:41 PM
we want pictures too of the blown motor

Rossco
25th September 2016, 12:43 PM
we want pictures too of the blown motor
Check out the other thread ABs new GQ, there's plenty there. . .

my third 256
25th September 2016, 12:45 PM
sorry just saw them what a mess

Rossco
25th September 2016, 12:55 PM
sorry just saw them what a mess
Yeah its pretty bad. . . :(

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 02:19 PM
so what dates are we looking at or do we need to weight till we know what funds and parts are available
would be good for a S.A run too
Yea yas gotta get across..

Maxhead
25th September 2016, 02:24 PM
CRAP! I got wind of this last night by Jane. Couldn't believe it so quick phone call to AB to confirm the next donk party...lol

I think the aim should be for a new crate motor (if they still available from Japan)

I'm sure the forum will come to the party to get a new donk and come to the donk party to enjoy a few litres of moonshine.

I'll be in touch Dazz

….................... On the move

Woof
25th September 2016, 03:14 PM
Just transferred what I could

threedogs
25th September 2016, 03:24 PM
Ive donated what I can,, hope it helps

Sir Roofy
25th September 2016, 03:41 PM
Yeah its pretty bad. . . :(

Rossco we looking at a bottom end or full rebuild

MudRunnerTD
25th September 2016, 04:04 PM
Rossco we looking at a bottom end or full rebuild

We won't really know until the motor is out and the head is off. At least a bottom end though.

mudnut
25th September 2016, 04:49 PM
Does the account take manual bank transfers. I have been caught out before. And which bank is it, to avoid transfer fees?

Rossco
25th September 2016, 04:51 PM
Seeing as theres holes in the block it's not rebuildable. Head maybe salvageable but new motor will need to be sourced. Be interesting to get the crank out tho. .

AB
25th September 2016, 04:51 PM
I've been reluctant to comment here and to be honest feel embarrassed of having a donation thread for me but you guys are awesome and from the bottom of my heart a million and one thank you's for helping me!!!

The shed has been cleaned out, dropped all coolant, no need to drop oil...lol

Bonnet off, all set up to strip this engine and find out what the hell has happened and what to do next.

Positive note, I have concrete to work on!!!

Going to be a long road ahead but I'm committed to getting this back on the road and go camping again.

Leah, Lachy, Mia and I are eternally grateful of the generous community we have all built here!

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 04:56 PM
I've been reluctant to comment here and to be honest feel embarrassed of having a donation thread for me but you guys are awesome and from the bottom of my heart a million and one thank you's for helping me!!!

The shed has been cleaned out, dropped all coolant, no need to drop oil...lol

Bonnet off, all set up to strip this engine and find out what the hell has happened and what to do next.

Positive note, I have concrete to work on!!!

Going to be a long road ahead but I'm committed to getting this back on the road and go camping again.

Leah, Lachy, Mia and I are eternally grateful of the generous community we have all built here!
The bloody boat anchor better move from me section of floor lol.. was very cozy last time...
Ay while cleaning that area you didn't find a jacket did ya??
Nissa swears it was left there lol.

Anyway..
Well get it sorted boss.

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2016, 05:04 PM
Does the account take manual bank transfers. I have been caught out before. And which bank is it, to avoid transfer fees?

Don't know what a manual bank transfer is so can't help you on that, bank is Commonwealth Bank of Australia

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2016, 05:06 PM
Sorry 2 hear of your sad news Andy

If you decide 2 part it out I'm in need of......... just kidding mate you'll have it back on the road in no time

mudnut
25th September 2016, 05:36 PM
Manual bank transfer is when the teller does it. It was for something forum-related when I went into the bank and the teller told me I had to go home and transfer the money online. WTF! I may as well just post the dough direct to Andy, as I do for the sponsorship.

threedogs
25th September 2016, 05:46 PM
Any bank should be able to transfer funds for you.
I would go to a CBA branch to avoid a $5 transfer fee

AB
25th September 2016, 06:00 PM
The bloody boat anchor better move from me section of floor lol.. was very cozy last time... Ay while cleaning that area you didn't find a jacket did ya?? Nissa swears it was left there lol. Anyway.. Well get it sorted boss. Sorry mate the mystery continues. Just went down again and no joy.

The bungalow is a mess, was she in there?

NissanGQ4.2
25th September 2016, 06:19 PM
Manual bank transfer is when the teller does it. It was for something forum-related when I went into the bank and the teller told me I had to go home and transfer the money online. WTF! I may as well just post the dough direct to Andy, as I do for the sponsorship.

What is a teller? Who wants 2 stand in a bank queue.

Surely you have a bank account and a internet connection why wouldn't you do it online

mudnut
25th September 2016, 06:23 PM
What is a teller? Who wants 2 stand in a bank queue.

Surely you have a bank account and a internet connection why wouldn't you do it online

'Cause I am an old fashioned fart who believes in people being employed by banks. And I don't trust the interweb thingy with my money.

growler2058
25th September 2016, 06:24 PM
Done. One day you might see me, I mean DX grunt......in the flesh. lol.

I feel a bit guilty about not going to 'church.'
DX grunt You're a bad bad bAD bad bad man

MEGOMONSTER
25th September 2016, 07:43 PM
Deposited what I can.

Sorry , I'm unemployed at the moment but gave what I could.
I feel bad cos I would give everything I could, if I could.

Sherro
25th September 2016, 07:43 PM
Gave what i could best of luck AB great mob here to get you going again.

AB
25th September 2016, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys, feeling the love!!!

So far it looks like I've hydro locked the engine from a brand new turbo failure but I need to confirm this.

Sump is off and the crank looks perfect, in fact my whole engine looks perfect apart from a catastrophic number 2 piston conrod bent/smashed and has destroyed my block and god knows what else on the top.

I'll pull it apart to confirm the above and take the next step but again, such a huge shame on a beautiful engine.

I searched for 6 months to find this purely for the condition the engine and drivetrain was. Devo!

taslucas
25th September 2016, 08:05 PM
Is it possible to get some compensation from the turbo supplier?

>>>tappin from tassie

AB
25th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Is it possible to get some compensation from the turbo supplier? >>>tappin from tassie Hard road unfortunately mate, I need this engine out and 100% confirm crank is fine first and then prove the oil contamination locked it up.

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2016, 08:45 PM
Hard road unfortunately mate, I need this engine out and 100% confirm crank is fine first and then prove the oil contamination locked it up.

I wouldn't reuse the crank anyway, a local bloke up here hydro'd his motor (cyl 1) rebuilt and turbo'd, then snapped the crank at #1

At the very least it needs to be crack tested, dont just do a visual

AB
25th September 2016, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't reuse the crank anyway, a local bloke up here hydro'd his motor (cyl 1) rebuilt and turbo'd, then snapped the crank at #1 At the very least it needs to be crack tested, dont just do a visual Hey mate, yeah I wasn't intending on using it again, just to see if crank is fine then the issue was #2 alone.

More so what and how this happened.

Ben-e-boy
25th September 2016, 08:56 PM
Hey mate, yeah I wasn't intending on using it again, just to see if crank is fine then the issue was #2 alone.

More so what and how this happened.

Cyl 5 is the next to hit tdc.. generally speaking hydro lock usually only effects 1 cylinder.

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 10:20 PM
Sorry mate the mystery continues. Just went down again and no joy.

The bungalow is a mess, was she in there?
All good mate. It'll turn up one day..
Somewhere.
Maybe..

Touses
26th September 2016, 09:26 AM
MudRunnerTD done son! Shout out if there's more required toward the end of the fund raising, will do what I can. Chin up AB!

macca
26th September 2016, 11:02 AM
MudRunnerTD

Done what I can, Still getting over what we helped Roofy out with, then didn't get to travel with him LOL

Serious though I have been fortunate with our recent insurance claims, so a bit of paying it forward, back, up, sideways whatever is good karma.

Good luck with it all AB and now I'm no longer gainfully employed I might sneak south for the party and try one of your pizza's if that's OK?

gubigfish
26th September 2016, 11:56 AM
I'll donate what I can afford later this week after payday

threedogs
26th September 2016, 12:17 PM
'Cause I am an old fashioned fart who believes in people being employed by banks. And I don't trust the interweb thingy with my money.

Iv only just been hooked up to internet banking, should of done this years a go.
EG I get an email from the laser cutter I can pay it there and then from my chair lol
Way too easy IMO Give it a go I say youll love it easy as

mudnut
26th September 2016, 12:42 PM
You've met me. Imagine me having access to credit and shopping online. EG: Ohh look! Nice shiny new fizztwigletmajoggles. Gotta buy them 'cause I really need them.

macca
26th September 2016, 01:15 PM

Isn't this whip round #4?
1) The bloody disastrous mess.
2) BA????
3) Mr and Mrs Sir Roofy.
4) And this one.

mudski
26th September 2016, 01:29 PM
2) BA????
3) Mr and Mrs Sir Roofy.
4) And this one.

Lol I forgot about one of them....

BigRAWesty
26th September 2016, 01:39 PM
2) BA????
3) Mr and Mrs Sir Roofy.
4) And this one.

I must have not been around for no1

MudRunnerTD
26th September 2016, 01:56 PM
I must have not been around for no1

No1 was Healy. You didn't make it but you certainly were involved.

MudRunnerTD
26th September 2016, 01:57 PM
Some cash has hit my bank. Great start guys. Long way to go but a great start. Cheers fellas.

timbar
26th September 2016, 02:55 PM
In fortunately I am I. No position to offer any financial support but if I could I would be for sure [emoji45][emoji45][emoji45] I hate to see a GQ down on its luck but I can offer as much moral support as I can mate don't give up !!

1993 GQ LPG / PET TB42 EFI LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

BigRAWesty
26th September 2016, 03:25 PM
No1 was Healy. You didn't make it but you certainly were involved.
Augh yes Healy.
Wow we've don't a lot as a forum ey..

macca
26th September 2016, 03:30 PM

Maybe best forgotten Bang Head

MudRunnerTD
26th September 2016, 05:28 PM
Doing well guys. Just under $900 in the bank on the first day.

Bigcol
26th September 2016, 06:05 PM
payday Thursday - will transfer what I can

just sent some through Boss............... not much, but all I can spare for the moment

AB
26th September 2016, 06:44 PM
Not sure what to say again but thank you!!!

Those of you who can't afford much or anything at all don't be silly!!!

As mentioned before I didn't know this was organised to be honest and I'm embarrassed by it as I'm not overly keen on donations to me.

In fact if I find out this was due to my own doings of building my GQ then to be honest it's my fault and I wouldn't feel right taking your donations even though I feel that way at the moment anyway...

mudski
26th September 2016, 06:49 PM

As mentioned before I didn't know this was organised to be honest and I'm embarrassed by it as I'm not overly keen on donations to me.

In fact if I find out this was due to my own doings of building my GQ then to be honest it's my fault and I wouldn't feel right taking your donations even though I feel that way at the moment anyway...

Just thank us by making some pizza's. Lol. To be honest. This is the least we can do. You do so much for the forum, and if it wasn't for you, my dear fiend, this place would not exist. I'm happy here, my wife thinks its great that we can get together as families and friends and go away together. She's even met some new people she's happy to call friends.

Woof
26th September 2016, 06:54 PM
Just thank us by making some pizza's. Lol. To be honest. This is the least we can do. You do so much for the forum, and if it wasn't for you, my dear fiend, this place would not exist. I'm happy here, my wife thinks its great that we can get together as families and friends and go away together. She's even met some new people she's happy to call friends.

He only stuffs the forum up, it is the moderators that keep it going 69199

mudski
26th September 2016, 06:55 PM
He only stuffs the forum up, it is the moderators that keep it going 69199

Yeah well, I didn't want to say that.... Trying to keep the vibe.:tongue:

Sir Roofy
26th September 2016, 07:08 PM
You have brought so many people together that have made new friendships
share the same passion y0u have hosted many get togethers including
one for us now its your turn this is what makes this forum family friendly

Kimbo63
26th September 2016, 07:15 PM
Should get plasnard to mix the dough as he broke the bread maker lol

Plasnart
26th September 2016, 07:23 PM
Should get plasnard to mix the dough as he broke the bread maker lol

Im the spit cooker, i dont do dough!!

Kimbo63
26th September 2016, 07:28 PM
Im the spit cooker, i dont do dough!!
I must say that was amassing hat goes off to you mate

AB
26th September 2016, 08:18 PM
Have to laugh though. Mia says what's wrong Daddy you look sad.

Tell her the story and she says oh now we can't go rock climbing or camping or go through rivers.

If we take mummy's car through rivers it will go weeeeee all the way to the waterfall....lol

timbar
26th September 2016, 10:46 PM
Have to laugh though. Mia says what's wrong Daddy you look sad.

Tell her the story and she says oh now we can't go rock climbing or camping or go through rivers.

If we take mummy's car through rivers it will go weeeeee all the way to the waterfall....lol

That's so cute ..... obviously mummy doesn't have a Patrol hahaha ... looks like Mia has her head screwed on in the right direction mate ... well done !!!

1993 GQ LPG / PET TB42 EFI LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

macca
27th September 2016, 07:24 AM

It doesn't matter what your situation is Andy, it also doesn't matter if it was something you had done.

What does is you have unexpected expenses and we as a group would like to soften that blow.

Lately a common thread is seen here, if you are fair dinkum and do your best for the forum without being a PITA the fellow Patrol owners will try and help in what ever way they can.

Being the forum owner has nothing to do with the response you will see here, most people will know you in person or on line only as I do. Hence the support.

Mate I hope you can get this fixed ASAP and get little Mia back out on that water crossing.

Enjoy the fellowship Andy.

Sprock
27th September 2016, 02:55 PM
I can't find the other thread about your engine problems so I'll put my thoughts here, it's been said it was possibly a hydraulic lock but I don't think so because it either
A: would have been locked up and wouldn't start or
B: locked up straight after starting, not 20 minutes down the road. The other thought I had is in the old days before intercoolers & Computerised truck engines if the turbo shit itself it would pump oil through the engine and King rev to the point where you couldn't stop it apart from stalling the engine . I realise Andys engine is intercooled but I would've thought if enough oil passed through the intercooler to enter the combustion chamber it would burn rather than accumulate and hydraulic lock . I could be wrong on all accounts it was just a thought I had .

Sir Roofy
27th September 2016, 03:04 PM
I can't find the other thread about your engine problems so I'll put my thoughts here, it's been said it was possibly a hydraulic lock but I don't think so because it either
A: would have been locked up and wouldn't start or
B: locked up straight after starting, not 20 minutes down the road. The other thought I had is in the old days before intercoolers & Computerised truck engines if the turbo shit itself it would pump oil through the engine and King rev to the point where you couldn't stop it apart from stalling the engine . I realise Andys engine is intercooled but I would've thought if enough oil passed through the intercooler to enter the combustion chamber it would burn rather than accumulate and hydraulic lock . I could be wrong on all accounts it was just a thought I had .

Was talking to a mate this morning about what you have just said very strange
indeed

MudRunnerTD
27th September 2016, 03:10 PM
The other discussion is in ABs Build thread.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2600-AB-s-new-GQ-is-finally-here/page40

Bob
28th September 2016, 11:50 AM
Bump............

Stropp
28th September 2016, 12:53 PM
just transferred Darren, let me know if it doesnt show as the internet shut off just after i did the transfer.

mudnut
28th September 2016, 05:38 PM
The account works for bank transfers. Sorry it isn't much.

Stropp
28th September 2016, 05:55 PM
well i say its another excuse for a quick flight to melbourne for the donk donk party :)

Maxhead
28th September 2016, 06:13 PM
My first installment is in Dazz.

For anyone interested if you can't outlay bigger amounts, I'm doing a smaller transfer every pay day till this donk is in.Good way to help the boss out and not be short on your pocket.

Jump on it guys, I for one want to see this fundraiser go viral

AB
28th September 2016, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure why but I feel really embarrassed reading through this thread!

Krisso please don't do that mate!!!

nissannewby
28th September 2016, 07:29 PM

We dont really care about your engine :p We will just do anything to party at your place. If this means funding a engine repair then it will be done. PARTY ON!!!

taslucas
28th September 2016, 07:30 PM
We dont really care about your engine [emoji14] We will just do anything to party at your place. If this means funding a engine repair then it will be done. PARTY ON!!!
Ahh! So it was a set up for another party!!

>>>tappin from tassie

Maxhead
28th September 2016, 07:34 PM

Just in case someone hasn't told you to get farked today, GET FARKED!

Over and out :)

AB
28th September 2016, 07:52 PM
Bastards!!!

I knew I shouldn't have said anything!

Always baffled me why there was a McDonald's thick shake poured down my snorkel, all making sense now!!!

mudski
28th September 2016, 07:55 PM
Bastards!!!

I knew I shouldn't have said anything!

Always baffled me why there was a McDonald's thick shake poured down my snorkel, all making sense now!!!
That was actually Krisso's stomach lining after a bender, not a thick shake. Same same though.

Woof
28th September 2016, 08:24 PM
You have no say in this mate, we need another party... this time when the weather is not bloody freezing...........................so pull your head in 69206

lucus30
28th September 2016, 09:36 PM
Bah not another one. You guys and your bloody oil burners are sending me broke bah....

Will send the usual $$$ amount through

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
28th September 2016, 09:53 PM
Will throw some$$in there tomorrow. Been a big week at work so I've only just been able to read the thread. I will absolutely be at the rebuild party though.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Clunk
28th September 2016, 11:55 PM
You have no say in this mate, we need another party... this time when the weather is not bloody freezing...........................so pull your head in 69206
And if it's still a little chilly, Doggy will be bringing over the latest in keeping warm fashion

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/265.jpg

MudRunnerTD
28th September 2016, 11:55 PM
Ahh! So it was a set up for another party!!

>>>tappin from tassie

So Mr Tas from Lucas! You need to cross the mote mate! Can't wait to catch up bud.

Maxhead
29th September 2016, 06:48 AM
I will absolutely be at the rebuild party though.

And what, break another chair? BwHahahha
I suppose it's better than breaking a bread maker though[emoji14][emoji14]

taslucas
29th September 2016, 07:27 AM
So Mr Tas from Lucas! You need to cross the mote mate! Can't wait to catch up bud.
Would be great! Definitely need to pop over for a visit again soon but unfortunately I've been trying to fund my own vehicle so things are a bit too tight for a holiday. Lol, I think we all need to buy corollas. When will we learn!

>>>tappin from tassie

DX grunt
29th September 2016, 08:08 AM
I think we all need to buy corollas.

>>>tappin from tassie

My first and only brand new car was a Corolla in 1977. It cost me $3,500 - brand new. lol

rusty_nail
29th September 2016, 08:17 AM
Payment made

Winnie
29th September 2016, 08:38 AM
Would be great! Definitely need to pop over for a visit again soon but unfortunately I've been trying to fund my own vehicle so things are a bit too tight for a holiday. Lol, I think we all need to buy corollas. When will we learn!

>>>tappin from tassie

The Corolla I had was an awesome car... cost me $1500 with rego and RWC, used 7L/100km and did mad skids.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuntil my missus drove it for a week with no oil and seized it.

taslucas
29th September 2016, 08:57 AM
The Corolla I had was an awesome car... cost me $1500 with rego and RWC, used 7L/100km and did mad skids.
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuntil my missus drove it for a week with no oil and seized it.
Even the mighty 'rolla cannot deal with no oil

>>>tappin from tassie

mudnut
29th September 2016, 11:25 AM
I can imagine the title of the thread after Andy revs up his new engine: AB Blew his L#@D

Sir Roofy
29th September 2016, 02:28 PM
Payment made

MudRunnerTD
29th September 2016, 03:36 PM
Just clicked over $1500 in the first week. Good job guys.

Maxhead
29th September 2016, 04:00 PM
Just clicked over $1500 in the first week. Good job guys.

Just 3 more weeks at this rate and we got a donk :) Bring on the party I say!

rusty_nail
29th September 2016, 07:52 PM
So any idea What are we aiming for guys?

macca
29th September 2016, 08:00 PM
Just 3 more weeks at this rate and we got a donk :) Bring on the party I say!

Is it a $6000 repair?

mudski
29th September 2016, 08:24 PM
Ill have the funds for the air box and lid i sold coming soon Daz. Im skinned atm for any extra coin. But the funds will be in my account in a few days.
Plus you need to get off your rrs and get over to my place and pick this stuff up. Asap. Lol

AB
29th September 2016, 08:40 PM
Please don't put yourselves out folks, I really didn't want a fundraiser to be honest, but obviously amazed by the generosity we have here of course so again thank you!

Macca mate, this weekend the engine is coming out to find out what happened and fingers firmly crossed the head is salvageable so that will determine the next step.

I'm positive thinking so excited to find out!

mudnut
29th September 2016, 08:40 PM
So any idea What are we aiming for guys?

See post #120

mudski
29th September 2016, 08:51 PM
Dont worry AB. I don't think anyone will be putting themselves out mate. We just chip in what we can.
If you need any help with anything, let me know. Sourcing or picking up parts. Let me know.

rusty_nail
29th September 2016, 09:11 PM
See post #120
Haha indeed mate

jay see
30th September 2016, 01:26 AM
Dont worry AB. I don't think anyone will be putting themselves out mate. We just chip in what we can.
If you need any help with anything, let me know. Sourcing or picking up parts. Let me know.

X2.
We're local mate, if you can't pick up something I'm sure someone else can.

jay see
30th September 2016, 01:32 AM
Macca mate, this weekend the engine is coming out to find out what happened and fingers firmly crossed the head is salvageable so that will determine the next step.

Without knowing to much, I would say at a guess that the head would be fine, doesn't sound like it dropped a valve, but once it's off I would send it off to get tested and resurfaced regardless.

Irish
30th September 2016, 07:14 AM
Payment sent, sorry it's not more.

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2016, 07:16 AM
Ill have the funds for the air box and lid i sold coming soon Daz. Im skinned atm for any extra coin. But the funds will be in my account in a few days.
Plus you need to get off your rrs and get over to my place and pick this stuff up. Asap. Lol

Hey Mark i will head passed this morning if that works

macca
30th September 2016, 07:24 AM

That's the spirit

lucus30
30th September 2016, 01:27 PM
Please don't put yourselves out folks, I really didn't want a fundraiser to be honest, but obviously amazed by the generosity we have here of course so again thank you!

But I like putting out mate....

Stropp
30th September 2016, 04:30 PM
But I like putting out mate....

of course you do ;) ;)

jay see
30th September 2016, 04:39 PM
Payment sent, sorry it's not more.
What he said.

gubigfish
30th September 2016, 04:59 PM
ive deposited some not much but hopefully if we all put in a little he'll get something decent

Bloggsy
30th September 2016, 07:19 PM
A few bucks deposited. Sorry it's not more.

AB
30th September 2016, 07:47 PM
Thank you to MB and Darren for their help today, engine is now out!

Paparazzi's have taken a million photos and some funny ones to follow shortly but thanks blokes, appreciate it!

Was actually quite a cruise day, everything went fine, no issues, easy done!

MB
30th September 2016, 08:34 PM
AB we forgot to thank rusty_nail for his GOLD advice ;-) First time learning curves on internal 4.2's. Those sneaky head bolts hidden under the cam :-) Cheers Nicko !!

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2016, 09:12 PM
AB we forgot to thank rusty_nail for his GOLD advice ;-) First time learning curves on internal 4.2's. Those sneaky head bolts hidden under the cam :-) Cheers Nicko !!

Do you mean rocker assembly?

AB
30th September 2016, 09:25 PM
Do you mean rocker assembly? Yep. Rocker.....

MB
30th September 2016, 09:31 PM
G'day Mr Ben :-) (dbl thumbs up mate, apologies, no emojis thingo's on this Appy :-( )
Do tell more, we need to learn ASAP !!

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2016, 09:48 PM
So. Did you start pulling head bolts out before the rocker assembly came out?

MB
30th September 2016, 09:51 PM
Externals yes, thankyou Rusty :-)

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2016, 09:52 PM
So. Did you start pulling head bolts out before the rocker assembly came out?

Yes mate we took all the head bolts out and missed the run up the middle. Farker wouldn't budge 😜 Rocker off in 30 seconds and we were all over it. Was a good day.

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2016, 09:53 PM
Andy does Not own a pair of bloody side cutters though!!!! What!!!

macca
30th September 2016, 09:57 PM
But I like putting out mate...Tapatalk

Putting in is alright too....:wink:

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2016, 10:12 PM
Yes mate we took all the head bolts out and missed the run up the middle. Farker wouldn't budge 😜 Rocker off in 30 seconds and we were all over it. Was a good day.

Is the head to damaged to be reused?

MudRunnerTD
30th September 2016, 10:21 PM
Is the head to damaged to be reused?

Head looks good actually.. He should get it dressed and crack tested but looks viable.

Ben-e-boy
30th September 2016, 10:40 PM
Head looks good actually.. He should get it dressed and crack tested but looks viable.

Righto. It definatly needs to be checked, the correct sequence for loosening the bolts was ignored. Fingers crossed it's not warped.

All of you own a manual

Avo
30th September 2016, 11:00 PM
Righto. It definatly needs to be checked, the correct sequence for loosening the bolts was ignored. Fingers crossed it's not warped.

All of you own a manual

i bet they never did a intro either

MB
30th September 2016, 11:03 PM
Righto. It definatly needs to be checked, the correct sequence for loosening the bolts was ignored. Fingers crossed it's not warped. All of you own a manual
Holy crap! For real? Rusty did (late arrival) mention knowledge of this from his old man's life lessons. Such knowledge, unfortunately out of our skills :-(
No bullcrap, please do get your butts down here ASAP, my buy ;-) !!

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2016, 09:15 AM

All of you own a manual

Cheers mate, yes we just stripped it off. Yes I didn't know that and yes Rusty did mention that. I really had zero expectation that this head would bolt onto anything without being checked and decked anyway. The valves need to be checked in #2 at least and probably worth re-seating them.

Plasnart
1st October 2016, 12:01 PM
Donated today Daz. Can't wait for this party!

rusty_nail
1st October 2016, 07:02 PM
G'day Mr Ben :-) (dbl thumbs up mate, apologies, no emojis thingo's on this Appy :-( )
Do tell more, we need to learn ASAP !!
I did bugger all mate no need to thank me!

rusty_nail
1st October 2016, 07:04 PM

All of you own a manual
I did mention there was an order lol, they didn't wanna hear it though [emoji6]

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2016, 10:02 PM

All of you own a manual

I did mention there was an order lol, they didn't wanna hear it though [emoji6]

It was a pretty big day yesterday, we got a lot done. None of us had ever taken an engine out before nor stripped one down to this degree.

I've done a head gasket alone with a manual and certainly from go to whoow straight by the book. If this was a head gasket job then the service manual would have been open on the battery for sure!

But, it's a pretty Big But, THIS THING IS FARKED!

here are some pics I took yesterday. This engine has experienced Catastrophic Failure. I can't imagine using anything on this engine again without forensic testing to confirm viability. She is knacker led gents.

Some pics!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/3.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/4.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/5.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/6.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/7.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/8.jpg

Yes that is a Masdive hole on the block Behind the Brand new 12mm pump!!! Only the mounting bracket of the pump saved it from direct impact! Bloody lucky!! There is damage on the back of the pump mount!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/9.jpg

The failure was in #2 piston and the Conrod disintegrated and blew out both sides of the block parallel with the crank. It also spat forward into the big end bearing on #1 and blew out the left side of #1 too!!! The Crank has taken significant impact. The Piston is molten and Gooorn!!

The Conrod has spun empty on the crank and sliced a trench across the sump which is pretty cool too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/10.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/11.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/12.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/13.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/14.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/15.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/16.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/17.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/18.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/19.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/20.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/21.jpg

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2016, 10:08 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/22.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/23.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/24.jpg

Spring cleaning.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/25.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/26.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/27.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/28.jpg

trekster
1st October 2016, 10:18 PM
You guys better fix the motor, cos his head is a lost cause lol!

the evil twin
1st October 2016, 10:31 PM
Oh, my bad, when the thread said you blew an engine that isn't exactly what I pictured...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/25.jpg

My mind was more along the "Linda Lovelace" kinda thing happening...I didn't realise you blew it clean outa the engine bay.

That must be one 'fooly sik' leaf blower you modd'd up

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2016, 10:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/hew.smith.7/videos/1281358688553817/

AB
2nd October 2016, 08:27 AM
Yep. we are so lucky the pump didn't get damaged!!!

Winnie
2nd October 2016, 08:48 AM
Wow, that was close!

Winnie
2nd October 2016, 09:03 AM
It's okay mate, we have spares! http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/31.jpg

Bigcol
2nd October 2016, 12:19 PM
if your going to do something

do it properly

nice little ornament now............ B U G G A

taslucas
2nd October 2016, 01:58 PM
Wow! That has copped it!

>>>tappin from tassie

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:32 PM
Crank is out......

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:33 PM

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:33 PM

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:39 PM
Savage!!!!!

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:53 PM
Looks like all other conrods are also bent a bit.

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:57 PM

AB
2nd October 2016, 02:58 PM

Bigcol
2nd October 2016, 03:22 PM
holey shyte bags Batman

MudRunnerTD
2nd October 2016, 04:19 PM
Your an animal AB!!!!

taslucas
2nd October 2016, 05:20 PM
So do you guys have any idea how it happened now?

>>>tappin from tassie

Rossco
2nd October 2016, 06:31 PM
WOW that's crazy AB. Can't believe those rods, looks like it was a matter of time unfortunatly. . . Any ideas from the brains trust or too early to start speculating. .

Must have been sad striping that thing down, certainly didn't expect you'd be doing it so soon :( . . .

Winnie
2nd October 2016, 06:44 PM
WOW that's crazy AB. Can't believe those rods, looks like it was a matter of time unfortunatly. . . Any ideas from the brains trust or too early to start speculating. .

Must have been sad striping that thing down, certainly didn't expect you'd be doing it so soon :( . . .
Yeah he is certainly getting stuff done!
I can't believe the amount of internal damage to your engine mate. Complete catastrophic failure!
You have truly done a good job on it!

AB
2nd October 2016, 07:19 PM
So do you guys have any idea how it happened now? >>>tappin from tassie Well we know for certain it's pressure related now that's for sure.

AB
2nd October 2016, 07:26 PM
. Must have been sad striping that thing down, certainly didn't expect you'd be doing it so soon :( . . .

I'm past that now mate, it is what it is, move on. Was actually a great weekend, learnt heaps in pulling this apart to be honest.

Rossco
2nd October 2016, 07:41 PM
I'm past that now mate, it is what it is, move on. Was actually a great weekend, learnt heaps in pulling this apart to be honest.
Yeah nice one. . . It is pretty fun pulling motors apart defanatly get a greater understanding that's for sure. Yep onwards and upwards let's get this thing going better than ever for years to come . . . [emoji4]

mudnut
2nd October 2016, 08:58 PM
Well we know for certain it's pressure related now that's for sure.

Are you going to take the evidence to show the turbo suppliers?

AB
3rd October 2016, 05:50 PM
Are you going to take the evidence to show the turbo suppliers? We will mate but that will be pushing shit up hill so it's safe to say I'm on my own with this.

MudRunnerTD
3rd October 2016, 06:45 PM
We will mate but that will be pushing shit up hill so it's safe to say I'm on my own with this.

Never Alone my friend! The forum is full of generous people who reckon your not a bad bloke.

Today's balance is $1750 in the account.

Thank you all.

macca
3rd October 2016, 07:28 PM
Today's balance is $1750 in the account.

That's a lot of pizza, time to start working on a visa!

Good to see, hope the repair / replacement all falls into place and the Q is running again as sweet as Roofy's.

Great support from the guys and gals here and good work Muddy.

mudski
4th October 2016, 10:07 PM
Ok, air box and shizz was sold and paid for, now all sent off, so the remainder Dazz has been paid mate.:smiley_thumbs_up:

AB
5th October 2016, 06:00 PM
Thanks everyone, bit depressing seeing what's out there and what I had. Such a beautiful engine gone.

Rossco
5th October 2016, 06:23 PM
You been lookn Andy? Hows it all going . . .

Yeah shame she was a pearla , all good she will be great again ☺ . . .

BigRAWesty
5th October 2016, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone, bit depressing seeing what's out there and what I had. Such a beautiful engine gone.
Head up mate we'll find you a new stallion. .

BigRAWesty
5th October 2016, 06:25 PM
Ok quick q.
Are we aiming for a referb engine or a low k second hand engine?
Or a block and then build.this thing from the ground?

AB
5th October 2016, 06:33 PM
Ok quick q. Are we aiming for a referb engine or a low k second hand engine? Or a block and then build.this thing from the ground? Hey mate, I still need to get the head checked but I have my doubts on it. There is slight damage there.

It's hard to trust refurbished engines in what internals they used too but that may be just me?

I really don't want to build either. I would like to one day build an engine but now is just not the time mate.

Ideally after a second hand long block (no bolt ons) and ideally still in the vehicle too. Obviously a silver top or td42t.

We all know of the horror stories of buying unknown engines not been able to see it run or properly test.

AB
5th October 2016, 06:36 PM
You been lookn Andy? Hows it all going . . . Yeah shame she was a pearla , all good she will be great again ? . . . Yep been looking a lot mate and have Patrolapart on the watch as well.

As much as I hate to say this I think patience is the key rather then rushing into anything.

AB
5th October 2016, 06:39 PM
Hey mate, I still need to get the head checked but I have my doubts on it. There is slight damage there. It's hard to trust refurbished engines in what internals they used too but that may be just me? I really don't want to build either. I would like to one day build an engine but now is just not the time mate. Ideally after a second hand long block (no bolt ons) and ideally still in the vehicle too. Obviously a silver top or td42t. We all know of the horror stories of buying unknown engines not been able to see it run or properly test. And most refirb prices are with exchange and it's safe to say my engine will be a planter box...

Corsta0211
5th October 2016, 06:39 PM
Hey mate, I still need to get the head checked but I have my doubts on it. There is slight damage there.

It's hard to trust refurbished engines in what internals they used too but that may be just me?

I really don't want to build either. I would like to one day build an engine but now is just not the time mate.

Ideally after a second hand long block (no bolt ons) and ideally still in the vehicle too. Obviously a silver top or td42t.

We all know of the horror stories of buying unknown engines not been able to see it run or properly test.

Hey Mate. I had a read and can't help but feel bad for you. I really can't donate at the moment but if my situation betters I will try. It's amazing to see the community backing you. Good luck with the head, I hope it can be reused. Take care.

AB
5th October 2016, 06:42 PM
Hey Mate. I had a read and can't help but feel bad for you. I really can't donate at the moment but if my situation betters I will try. It's amazing to see the community backing you. Good luck with the head, I hope it can be reused. Take care. Thanks mate and don't stress, I'm not really liking the donation thing to be honest...lol.

Maxhead
5th October 2016, 07:29 PM
Hey mate, I still need to get the head checked but I have my doubts on it. There is slight damage there.

mate, don't go anything but a new long crate motor, Seriously!
This has to be our aim

Stropp
5th October 2016, 07:30 PM
And most refirb prices are with exchange and it's safe to say my engine will be a planter box...

nah tell em its all good just needs a bit of tlc :)

Rossco
5th October 2016, 07:34 PM
And most refirb prices are with exchange and it's safe to say my engine will be a planter box...
Would make a great coffee table i reckon. . .

Yeah real spewn i didn't jump on that GQ, would have been perfect. Oh well hopefully one comes up soon. Might be able to work something out if you can find a hole car, after a few bits . . .

AB
5th October 2016, 07:42 PM
mate, don't go anything but a new long crate motor, Seriously! This has to be our aim Crazy $$$$$$$$$!

Maxhead
5th October 2016, 08:21 PM
Crazy $$$$$$$$$!
Yep but worth it. We need to make this our aim!

Clunk
5th October 2016, 09:17 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/67.jpg

BigRAWesty
5th October 2016, 09:23 PM
Crazy $$$$$$$$$!

Yep but worth it. We need to make this our aim!
We just managed $3k for roofy. . Be looking at $10k for new td42 crate motor..

Touses
6th October 2016, 10:13 AM
snip- I'm not really liking the donation thing to be honest...lol.

Mate. It is a normal part of the (well adjusted) human condition to have feelings of guilt about that which we perceive to be undeserved charity!
Stress less, this aint! This my brother is karma! Good shit happens to good people. All is well.:smiley_thumbs_up:

AB
6th October 2016, 09:03 PM
Mate. It is a normal part of the (well adjusted) human condition to have feelings of guilt about that which we perceive to be undeserved charity! Stress less, this aint! This my brother is karma! Good shit happens to good people. All is well.:smiley_thumbs_up: You're a wise man mate despite what taslucas and Clunk say, they've underestimated you I think ;)

TPC
6th October 2016, 09:42 PM
Mate. It is a normal part of the (well adjusted) human condition to have feelings of guilt about that which we perceive to be undeserved charity!
Stress less, this aint! This my brother is karma! Good shit happens to good people. All is well.:smiley_thumbs_up:

What a load of shit, we just want a party with home-made pizza. ;)

rusty_nail
6th October 2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks mate and don't stress, I'm not really liking the donation thing to be honest...lol.
Mate, don't you stress! The donation thing is only because people want to, no one is doing it because we feel obliged etc. Don't feel ashamed your generosity is just being repayed in kind!

Avo
6th October 2016, 11:45 PM
You're a wise man mate despite what taslucas and Clunk say, they've underestimated you I think ;)

no one listen to them castards...but i reckon he's n the money

Touses
7th October 2016, 11:54 AM
You're a wise man mate despite what taslucas and Clunk say, they've underestimated you I think ;)

For craps sake, don't involve that pair! They'll rag on me for being able to put together a sentence that doesn't start with yeah have umm err in the middle and end with no!
Yeah,umm,err,no! Chuckle,chuckle.

Touses
7th October 2016, 11:57 AM
What a load of shit, we just want a party with home-made pizza. ;)

Ok you've seen through my thin veil of altruism! I too just want PIZZA. Bahahahaha

MEGOMONSTER
7th October 2016, 01:07 PM
I got a spare engine in the old shed out back if you like. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/1.png

taslucas
7th October 2016, 02:17 PM
And I thought I knew you touses....

>>>tappin from tassie

AB
7th October 2016, 06:14 PM
Bit of a nightmare trying to find anything suitable!!!

Rossco
7th October 2016, 06:48 PM
Yeah its a bit of a bugger. Found one on Gumtree, has heaps of parts including bare block. Not sure if you wanted to head down this path but an option to start a build i guess. .
Just my 2C but reckon a fresh build woundnt be a bad way to go or new crate jobbie would be nice obiously but $$. . . Same with build i guess ($$) ?? . .

AB
7th October 2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah its a bit of a bugger. Found one on Gumtree, has heaps of parts including bare block. Not sure if you wanted to head down this path but an option to start a build i guess. . Just my 2C but reckon a fresh build woundnt be a bad way to go or new crate jobbie would be nice obiously but $$. . . Same with build i guess ($$) ?? . . I'm not overly keen on buying a second hand block out of a vehicle or building one up is just too much for me at this point mate.

I'm tempted to borrow money and find a good mechanically running patrol and part out everything else on it to pay back some of the loan.

Irish
7th October 2016, 07:11 PM
Have you checked out the car auction websites for rolled gq/gu's?

Rossco
7th October 2016, 07:14 PM
Yeah fair enough, hopefully something comes up soon they seem to turn over reasonably quick. Not a bad way to go hope something good comes along soon . . I'll keep lookn

AB
7th October 2016, 07:15 PM
Have you checked out the car auction websites for rolled gq/gu's? Thanks mate yep I'm pretty much every few hours checking gumtree, ebay, trading post, pickles and all the auction salvage sites, grays, Facebook, Patrolapart are keeping an eye out, etc.

Have spent a lot of time on overseas sites, etc too.

Anything I've missed feel free to let me know folks. This is going to take some time!

AB
7th October 2016, 07:19 PM
Or start again on a 24V Safari...lol, I've always had a soft spot for Safari's!

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maryborough-west/cars-vans-utes/nissan-patrol-safari-for-sale/1126030910

Rossco
7th October 2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah wow sounds like your all over it like herpes. Somethings bound to come up hopefully soon. .

Clunk
7th October 2016, 07:24 PM
You're a wise man mate despite what @taslucas (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=4645) and @Clunk (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=1383) say, they've underestimated you I think ;)

I underestimate no one, and treat everyone with equal disdain bwahahahahaha

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/84.jpg

Clunk
7th October 2016, 11:05 PM
this might help @AB

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/89.jpg

MB
7th October 2016, 11:40 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/90.jpg

MB
7th October 2016, 11:45 PM
Love you bro, youz be a Warrior;-) !!

Kimbo63
8th October 2016, 12:23 AM
Love you bro, youz be a Warrior;-) !!

One minute these two are fighting around the camp fire nekminut lol

MB
8th October 2016, 12:28 AM
One minute these two are fighting around the camp fire nekminut lol We says Hongi, Some says Liverpool :-)

macca
8th October 2016, 07:05 AM
British motoring from my youth, the battery is bigger than the engine.
Would happily have an old Wolseley in my shed now, funny how your idea of collectable changes LOL

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/89.jpg

AB
8th October 2016, 07:29 AM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pascoe-vale/cars-vans-utes/nissan-patrol-gq-td42/1126126715

22k!!!

jay see
8th October 2016, 07:34 AM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/pascoe-vale/cars-vans-utes/nissan-patrol-gq-td42/1126126715

22k!!!
Negotiable!!!

taslucas
8th October 2016, 08:11 AM
I wonder if they'd throw in the dream catcher?

Please view this ad:

Nissan GQ Patrol,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/launceston/cars-vans-utes/nissan-gq-patrol/1125838353?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $12,000

>>>tappin from tassie

Touses
8th October 2016, 08:46 AM

22k!!!

22k!!! Tell 'im he's dreamin' !

Particularly amused by fact "it comes from a diseased estate" Bahahahaha

Winnie
8th October 2016, 09:37 AM

22k!!!
It is a super low km, immaculate TD but he is dreaming for 22k... Maybe 12-15 would be a fair price but over 20... Wow!

Touses
8th October 2016, 10:09 AM
Perhaps we need to be looking for something with fewer horses?

TPC
8th October 2016, 11:06 AM

22k!!!

If you were spending that sort of money you would be better off with something like this.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/esperance/cars-vans-utes/1999-nissan-patrol-wagon-factory-4-2td/1120702308

taslucas
8th October 2016, 12:43 PM
Please view this ad:

1997 Nissan Patrol Other,
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deloraine/cars-vans-utes/1997-nissan-patrol-other/1125893084?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Price: $9,000 Negotiable

>>>tappin from tassie

AB
8th October 2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I saw that one, very neat but it would most likely be an NA black top engine which I'm trying to avoid at this point.

I'm ideally after a silver top from 88-93 (Some 94-95 ones are mixtures of rocker covers and internals I think) and then the TD42T from 2000 onwards would be the winner but with my budget most likely looking at a silver top.

taslucas
8th October 2016, 01:01 PM
Where do you stand on dream catchers?

>>>tappin from tassie

mudnut
8th October 2016, 01:11 PM
Where do you stand on dream catchers?

>>>tappin from tassie

In the Himalyas?

Rossco
8th October 2016, 01:37 PM

22k!!!
Wow silver too, looks pretty perfect i want it ! ! . . But yeah 22 G is a bit optimistic i think. . .

How's our budget going Daz we up to 22 G yet . . .

MudRunnerTD
8th October 2016, 06:27 PM
Wow silver too, looks pretty perfect i want it ! ! . . But yeah 22 G is a bit optimistic i think. . .

How's our budget going Daz we up to 22 G yet . . .

we are all over that mate!!

current balance $2,286. Damn! Missing a '0' off the end

macca
8th October 2016, 06:30 PM

Very good mate

Stropp
8th October 2016, 09:49 PM

Mate I can give you 0. 😂

Avo
8th October 2016, 10:38 PM
Mate I can give you 0. 😂

it pays to be thrifty

Winnie
9th October 2016, 12:34 AM
8k, 200,000km NA engine

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/td42-swb-gq-patrol/1124965410

AB
9th October 2016, 06:39 AM
8k, 200,000km NA engine http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/td42-swb-gq-patrol/1124965410 Yeah that's nice.... Not sure what the go is with safaris and engine years but probably similar.

BigRAWesty
9th October 2016, 07:37 AM
British motoring from my youth, the battery is bigger than the engine.
Would happily have an old Wolseley in my shed now, funny how your idea of collectable changes LOL
Got 2 in the top shed lol

Winnie
9th October 2016, 08:04 AM
Yeah that's nice.... Not sure what the go is with safaris and engine years but probably similar.
I imagine they would be the same as the patrols?

Stropp
9th October 2016, 08:29 AM
I imagine they would be the same as the patrols?

I think just 24volt electrics