PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Engine change

LEXUSGS300
12th September 2016, 08:28 PM
Hi All
New member here so bear with me.
I bought a 2002 GU ZD30 patrol and was told needed a rocker cover gasket as there was smoke coming from it. Turns out the engine is stuffed so I took it out last weekend and stripped it. I managed to find a reconditioned one for $3.5k which is real cheap after searching high and low. Took it to the guy today so he can take off my diesel pump and fit it to the new one before I pick it up. Should be getting it in a couple of days and hopefully getting it back in next weekend. Will update as it progresses.

4bye4
12th September 2016, 10:03 PM
Wow 3.5K is inexpensive. Hope it goes OK for you.

Fox7
13th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Hi, Welcome mate!

BillsGU
13th September 2016, 03:25 PM
For about $5.5k you can get a fully reconditioned engine with a brand new after market head that has thicker castings and is not as prone to cracking as the OEM head. Too late now I suppose.

http://www.northvicengines.com.au/

Dhuck
13th September 2016, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

BigRAWesty
13th September 2016, 09:05 PM
Welcome mate..
Yea dam that is cheap..
Do you know if it's had new bores and pistons put in or just bored out and oversize pistons?

BillsGU
13th September 2016, 10:26 PM
Welcome mate..
Yea dam that is cheap..
Do you know if it's had new bores and pistons put in or just bored out and oversize pistons?

I think it depends on the condition of the sleeves when doing the recon. Mine were all new as far as I was told. Does it make a difference? For all intents and purposes it's a new engine.

BigRAWesty
14th September 2016, 05:35 AM
I think it depends on the condition of the sleeves when doing the recon. Mine were all new as far as I was told. Does it make a difference? For all intents and purposes it's a new engine.
Dose it make a difference?
No idea.
Just what I have seen the bored engines seem to be a bit cheaper than re sleeved.

the godfather
14th September 2016, 05:10 PM
Good buying. I saw a couple at that price on the east coast. I just bought a Brunswick 3.0 ZD30 for 5.5k