View Full Version : Howdy from Perth

GU wish
10th September 2016, 08:37 PM
Hi Guys

I have been a Patrol owner for 16 years bought my 92 4.2 GQ in 2000 and added another 300,000 to the 100,000 that it already had on the clock.

It has been such a great car however rust and mechanical issues have seen me recently replace it, with a 4.2TDi 2003 GU.

I managed to finally talk a family member into selling it after years working on him, it only has 80, 000 highway K's on the clock and is pretty much stock standard (except a bit of a turbo mod and 3' exhaust).

I have read this forum a few times and got some help with a few issues along the way but thought it was about time to join in.

I am not planning on doing a lot to the GU for a while, just a few things like snorkel and maybe a front diff lock on board compressor etc.

I did have 2' inch lift with tough dogs and 33 x 12.5 Mickey Thompson's on the old girl (which I still have and will be wrecking) but as I do a lot of Stand Up Paddle boarding I think I will leave the new one at standard height at least for a few years, it's easier to get things on and off the roof.

Cheers
Bood (Buddha)

4bye4
10th September 2016, 09:23 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2016, 11:38 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
11th September 2016, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.