PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Africa

SCUBA Patrol
10th September 2016, 12:05 AM
Hi,

I'm a patrol owner for the last 7 years and enjoy my 2006 Y61 30Di

Have traveled in Africa from Cape town up to the South Luanga park in Zambia with the Patrol and never missed a beat on the way nor were I expecting it to miss a beat. Other than that I try and regularly get on a trail somewhere close to home.

I'm a forum member of our local Patrol Forum www.patrol4x4.co.za

I live in the beautiful wine and student town of Stellenbosch near Cape Town. Married with a daughter.

Hope to learn from your experiences down under as Patrols are not as popular in SA as it is in Aus. Toyota Landcruisers are the thing here.... they do not know what is good....

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2016, 06:27 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Touses
10th September 2016, 10:50 AM
G'day bloke, welcome!

threedogs
10th September 2016, 12:54 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,, enjoy

Rock Trol
10th September 2016, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum SCUBA Patrol.
It's a very knowledgeable group we have here so we should be able to help with any of your questions.

4bye4
10th September 2016, 07:21 PM
G'day mate and welcome

macca
10th September 2016, 07:24 PM
Touring the African Continent must be amazing, welcome to the forum SCUBA Patrol.

UncleFrosty
10th September 2016, 07:26 PM
Welcome aboard SCUBA!

Dhuck
11th September 2016, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

mobile20
11th September 2016, 04:21 PM
welcome to the forum,, enjoy

SCUBA Patrol
12th September 2016, 05:00 PM
Morning from a windy but sunny Cape Town,

Thanks for the welcomes... I find this and our SA website very helpful.

On touring Africa, it is a continent of change, with African politics always very unstable you never know when you will find yourself in hot water! Even one of the peaceful countries the last 20 years, Mozambique, is having trouble the last year with RENAMO and FRELIMO shooting AK47 and RPG7's at each other again. Also with the Chinese wanting more riches and a dumpsite for their criminals there is a lot of ashphalt roads being build in Africa but there are still some assume 4x4 over landing to be had and even in a "developed" country like South Africa do we have assume wilderness areas to visit.