PDA

View Full Version : Powerful4x4 rear bar HELP

Rip'n'Shred
7th September 2016, 12:39 PM
HELP NEEDED
I have installed a Powerful4x4 dual spare wheel rear bar to my GU 4 patrol. I have these brackets which are meant to go from the side wings to chassis. I'm not sure if they are the correct parts for this model because in the fitting instructions the braces look very different.

I have rang Powerful4x4 and have not yet spoken to someone who seems to know what I'm talking about. Still waiting for a call back.

Has anyone fitted one recently and have any advise or pics of their braces/brackets?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/44.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/45.jpg

threedogs
7th September 2016, 02:56 PM
Surprised you even got through to Powerful.lol
Is the bar nice and solid as it is now??
Are Powerful in NSW or did they move to Broadmeadows in Vic ???

jack
7th September 2016, 06:45 PM
HELP NEEDED
I have installed a Powerful4x4 dual spare wheel rear bar to my GU 4 patrol. I have these brackets which are meant to go from the side wings to chassis. I'm not sure if they are the correct parts for this model because in the fitting instructions the braces look very different.

I have rang Powerful4x4 and have not yet spoken to someone who seems to know what I'm talking about. Still waiting for a call back.

Has anyone fitted one recently and have any advise or pics of their braces/brackets?

Hello Rip'n'Shred,

I've installed one of these and had the same issue, the brackets on the instructions have been replaced by the newer version. I rang Powerful4x4 and they put me onto their installer who happens to be the same lot I purchased mine from. They were reasonably helpful but admitted they had issues with them, there was no way I could get them to fit without some modification. The passenger side would fit if I didn't have an exhaust.

I ended up cutting the flat piece off (to the right on your picture), a little bending (fun being high tensile steel) and it's on nice and tight. At some stage in the future I'll weld the other pieces back on after some more bending to suit.

It mightn't look as fancy as the more expensive bars but is very robust and well made. So far I've been very happy with it carting around 33's on a 17inch rims. But I haven't been through any corrugations too extreme yet. Bearings are easily replaceable if needed. I did speak to a 70 series owner who has done the Simpson and OTT with one in the last two years and he was very happy. He doesn't look after his toyo but the powder coating still looks as good as new after all this time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks to Cuppa for alerting me to this thread.

Cuppa
7th September 2016, 07:10 PM
Why is it when I try to get someone’s attention by using the @ sign e.g. Apollofish it doesn’t work. Makes no difference if I have a space between either e.g.. @ Apollofish

Cuppa
7th September 2016, 07:11 PM
Goddamn it - it worked that time! Maybe it’s just I can’t see it in preview?

Winnie
7th September 2016, 08:09 PM
Hey Cuppa, it won't make the link until you actually make the post. So it will not look like it's working in the preview.

Rip'n'Shred
8th September 2016, 07:06 AM
Surprised you even got through to Powerful.lol
Is the bar nice and solid as it is now??
Are Powerful in NSW or did they move to Broadmeadows in Vic ???
Yeah there not the best to deal with. Lots of attitude for no reason. They tell me each store is individually owned. There is NSW, QLD, and Vic

Bacho86
8th September 2016, 07:26 AM
My dad bought a powerful 4x4 bar 3 years ago at a show, and had a heap of issues with fitting it -- extra brackets, washers and packers needed to pack it all out - fitting was an absolute disaster.

To their credit, he returned the bar and they issued him with a full refund.

On a side note he also bought sliders, that after 6months on the vehicle started to rust from the inside out - (no salt water use or anything), but again to their credit after much discussion he got a full refund as well.

Safe to say (in most cases) poor man pays twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katwoman
8th September 2016, 10:46 AM
I agree with above post. I've got one and it's the biggest POS out there. The Jerry holder was reinforced after cracking several times, it's flimsy. I'd never buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rip'n'Shred
9th September 2016, 02:51 PM
I've got the bracket all sorted. Thanks for the help everyone. Hopefully mine lasts ok.