PDA

View Full Version : Hi all looking for advice

jedfreeman
7th September 2016, 03:00 AM
Just like to say gday long time looker of site & would like to get involved in this great forum! I have a 2001 GU 4.2 TD wagon with the usual 3" exhaust pump tweak, 33's, had the car about 10 years and I am looking to give it a good clean up add a intercooler upgrade/replace turbo & some DIY mods! I am after some suggestions of where to start, what has worked for other and some mistakes to avoid!!!

Jed.

threedogs
7th September 2016, 04:33 PM
Hi mate have you had a search yet as there is oodles written on the 4.2 and tweaks
First off what sort of numbers are you after, that will determine whats required

4bye4
7th September 2016, 05:19 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

macca
7th September 2016, 05:31 PM
Just like to say gday long time looker of site & would like to get involved in this great forum! I have a 2001 GU 4.2 TD wagon with the usual 3" exhaust pump tweak, 33's, had the car about 10 years and I am looking to give it a good clean up add a intercooler upgrade/replace turbo & some DIY mods! I am after some suggestions of where to start, what has worked for other and some mistakes to avoid!!!

Jed.

Don't know who is in the Newy area, took ours to DieselCare in Tamworth.

They have a dyno so set it up nice for us. 122 hp at the rear wheels up from 90something, driveable yet economical.

After the mods talk to a well set up tuner and you should be happy, maybe talk before to get some good ideas first.

Dhuck
7th September 2016, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2016, 06:44 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Touses
10th September 2016, 10:52 AM
G'day bloke, welcome!