PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield - anyone for a meetup here?

jack
6th September 2016, 09:16 AM

Some interesting reading.

Hodge
6th September 2016, 09:21 AM
Lets be a bit realistic. Driving through Mansfield on 37's, really? Whats could possibly go wrong ?

Winnie
6th September 2016, 09:30 AM
I like how he thinks he had an engineer's certificate for 37s and a 5 inch lift... hahaha.

jay see
6th September 2016, 09:34 AM
And the fact that it was roadworthy when it when it was originally built, but the rules have changed....

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

happygu
6th September 2016, 09:40 AM
If it was engineered, wouldn't it have had a mod plate affixed, or am I thinking too much ....

I also like the fact that he had 37" wide tyres ..... now i'd like to see that

mudski
6th September 2016, 09:53 AM
I like how he thinks he had an engineer's certificate for 37s and a 5 inch lift... hahaha.

Well I can only assume he did as he would have had to produce it in court. I'd really love to know where he got the engies from though....
Seeing in the latest 4x4 Action mag a Wrangler with 37's and engineered, I made a few calls and spoke with Double Black offroad and said its possible with a Jeep to do this as they can modify the diff's on the Wrangler so it can take 37's and pass a swerve test. But not a Patrol. :(
But really? Like Eric said, going through Mansfield with 37's. Asking for it. I suppose this court loss is just more fuel for the fuzz now to go harder.
Reading that clip again, it just doesn't make sense. The rules have changed, and have recently changed again in the last month or two, but from my understanding this was many years ago. Me thinks the magistrate just doesn't know enough about this type of thing, or just didn't care.
Or the reporter has simply stated what happened incorrectly. 37inch wide tyres for a start. And the fine price change from $350 to $315. Lol.

threedogs
6th September 2016, 01:23 PM
Interesting the bit where the roof height must not exceed 50mm above standard.
To me I think a few with just 305s and a 50mm lift are goners, Where do they
measure the height from. Lets get a mesurement from the C pillar of a OE patrol on 265s
and compare to one with 305s and a 50mm lift

lucus30
6th September 2016, 03:12 PM
Interesting the bit where the roof height must not exceed 50mm above standard.
To me I think a few with just 305s and a 50mm lift are goners, Where do they
measure the height from. Lets get a mesurement from the C pillar of a OE patrol on 265s
and compare to one with 305s and a 50mm lift
So if I chopped my roof off imagine the lift I could have

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Throbbinhood
6th September 2016, 03:36 PM
Might get one of those truck air up/down systems if they are measuring roof heights. Lower the tyres to 1psi.

"Nah officer it drives fine like this mate"

threedogs
6th September 2016, 04:22 PM
Reckon the roof height could vary if ground is not dead flat, to counter act that
may I suggest we all put 35s on and just before Mansfield drop tyre pressures to 20psi.
You might just get away with it ,,,,,,,,not

Cuppa
6th September 2016, 07:27 PM
I'd say the reporter should go back to reporting school & learn a bit more before being let loose on the public again.

mudnut
6th September 2016, 07:31 PM
I'd say the reporter should go back to reporting school & learn a bit more before being let loose on the public again.

Media Watch would have a field day with this reporter.